Back to Category List
Administrative Assistant (4937) (Regular Full-Time, Hourly)
Program/Location: Crossroads (El Cajon)
Administrative Assistant – Mental Health Services for Children, Youth and Family Program
Hours: 40 hours per week. Clinic hours are Monday, Thursday, & Friday, 9:00 am to 5:00 pm, Tuesday, 10:00 am to 6:00 pm, and Wednesday, 12:00 pm to 8:00 pm (hours may vary on Wednesday).
In order to create a workplace that meets maximum health and safety standards, CRF follows all mandated COVID-19 safety protocols and guidelines as outlined by the State of California, San Diego County, and the CDC. All new hires are required to show proof of completed vaccination before their first date of work, unless legally exempted.
Community Research Foundation (CRF) inspires and mentors the next generation of mental health professionals!
At CRF, our accredited programs reach various demographics, so you can gain experience with almost any sector of mental health services. We are constantly evolving and developing fresh approaches to meet the needs of San Diego County’s residents who are experiencing mental/behavioral health challenges.
Located in El Cajon, CA, Crossroads Family Center is a children/youth outpatient program which provides services to the East region of San Diego County. We provide a range of services including crisis intervention, individual, family, and group therapy, medication support, rehabilitation, case management and drug and alcohol services while incorporating the family systems and wrap-around approach. We provide mental health services to children and youth with Medi-Cal and Healthy Families Funding as well as those who are uninsured and underinsured.
Typical Duties of the Administrative Assistant
The Administrative Assistant supports the Office Manager and/or Program Director to ensure the office operates efficiently and effectively. Performs a variety of clerical tasks in a fast-paced environment.
- Full-service clerical and reception duties including greeting visitors, answering phones and screening calls, taking messages, typing, filing, scheduling meetings, opening and distributing mail and performing data entry
- Assists with front office management and operations as directed
- Prepares medical records
- Audits medical records for adherence to Medi-Cal billing requirements
- Reporting and tracking information for program management
- Works collaboratively with all other members of the program team
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- One year experience in customer service in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent phone etiquette, attention to detail, ability to multi-task and maintain confidentiality required
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Office to include Outlook, Word, Excel applications, as well as internet research skills required
- Previous experience in a similar mental health program serving the CYF population is desirable
- Bilingual Spanish is also a plus
- Reliable transportation is required to fulfill the essential functions of this position. A valid California driver’s license in good standing and proof of insurance are required for employees driving personal vehicles on company business.
- Must be able to pass criminal/background clearance
Benefits: CRF takes your dedication seriously and provides benefits to help you balance your work life and your personal life. For full-time staff (30 hours or more), we offer top-of-the-line medical insurance, dental plans, paid life insurance, vision plan, retirement benefits, and generous PTO (Paid Time Off). We also provide access to student loan repayment/forgiveness programs for graduates.
Be a part of our vibrant non-profit organization and make a difference in the lives of the people we serve!
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer