Back to Category List
Medical Records Specialist (4928) (Regular Full-Time, Hourly)
Program/Location: Senior IMPACT (Downtown SD)
Medical Records Specialist – Mental Health Services for Assertive Community Treatment Program
Hours: 40 hours per week; Monday - Friday, 9:00 am to 5:00 pm.
In order to create a workplace that meets maximum health and safety standards, CRF follows all mandated COVID-19 safety protocols and guidelines as outlined by the State of California, San Diego County, and the CDC. All new hires are required to show proof of completed vaccination before their first date of work, unless legally exempted.
Community Research Foundation (CRF) inspires and mentors the next generation of mental health professionals!
At CRF, our accredited programs reach various demographics, so you can gain experience with almost any sector of mental health services. We are constantly evolving and developing fresh approaches to meet the needs of San Diego County’s residents who are experiencing mental/behavioral health challenges. For you, that means that you will have opportunities to learn new ways to provide optimal supports to your clients.
You will work within a collaborative, supportive team structure so that you can have fresh perspective and training. Best of all, you will be involved in helping people change their lives for the better! We have strong internal advancement options, so there are opportunities for you to grow within our company.
Located in downtown San Diego County, the Senior Intensive Mobile Psychosocial Assertive Community Treatment (Senior IMPACT) program provides intensive, community-based case management services for senior homeless adults throughout San Diego County. We deliver fully-integrated services to clients diagnosed with a serious mental illness, as well as individuals with co-occurring, mental health, and substance disorders.
Our program utilizes the evidence-based practice of Assertive Community Treatment (ACT) to support our clients in the higher level of community care and to assist them in reaching their goals and living a life that is not dominated by mental illness. Our team is a model of care, providing treatment, rehabilitation, and case management supports.
Typical Duties of the Medical Records Specialist
The Medical Records Specialist maintains all client medical records, ensures files are complete and accurate, as well as providing administrative support to the program office team, including:
- Reviews and reconciles client medical records for accuracy; tracks corrections to be made by therapists and communicates with the Program Director
- Provides reconciliation of billing records with progress notes
- Maintains all medical records and filing systems; provides record copies to staff upon request, and processes release of medical information pertaining to clients
- Provides billing, coding, and reporting all aspects of the client’s medical record
- Audits and submits claims, determines eligibility, daily data entry; reporting, tracking, and reconciling accounts receivable
- Assists the doctor with scheduling appointments and follow-up reminder calls to families
- Assists with front office reception support as needed and works collaboratively with the program team
- Assists with maintenance on company vehicles
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- Two years’ experience in customer service in a fast-paced environment, preferably in mental health care patient administration environment, or an equivalent combination of education and relevant experience
- Excellent phone etiquette, attention to detail, ability to multi-task and maintain confidentiality required
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Office to include Outlook, Word, Excel applications
- Working knowledge of medical terminology used in mental health programs required, as well as terms, concepts, and principles of privacy and confidentiality
- Previous experience in a similar mental health program is desirable
- Bilingual Spanish is preferred, but not required
- A valid California driver’s license in good standing and eligibility to be an approved CRF driver is required to fulfill the essential functions of this position. In addition, proof of insurance is required prior to driving personal vehicles on company business.
- Must be able to pass criminal/background clearance
Benefits: CRF takes your dedication seriously and provides benefits to help you balance your work life and your personal life. These benefits include:
- Generous paid time off
- 11 paid holidays
- Exceptional medical, dental, vision and other health and wellness benefits
- Free training and education
- Opportunities for advancement
- Retirement plan with generous employer contributions
- Graduates: You may qualify for student loan repayment/forgiveness programs!
Be a part of our vibrant non-profit organization and make a difference in the lives of the people we serve!
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer