Back to Category List
PSR/Mental Health Counselor (4898) (Temporary, Full-Time, Hourly)
Program/Location: Adelante (Chula Vista)
PSR Specialist / Mental Health Counselor (BA Level) – Mental Health Services for Assertive Community Treatment Program
Hours: 40 hours per week; Monday - Friday, 8:30 am - 4:30 pm, with after-hours crisis phone coverage and a possibility of rotating weekend shift. The duration of this temporary position is 4 to 6 months with benefits
Internal Job Title: PSR Specialist
In order to create a workplace that meets maximum health and safety standards, CRF follows all mandated COVID-19 safety protocols and guidelines as outlined by the State of California, San Diego County, and the CDC. All new hires are required to show proof of completed vaccination before their first date of work, unless legally exempted. Those who are currently in process of getting vaccinated are encouraged to apply.
Community Research Foundation (CRF) inspires and mentors the next generation of mental health professionals!
At CRF, our accredited programs reach various demographics, so you can gain experience with almost any sector of mental health services. We are constantly evolving and developing fresh approaches to meet the needs of San Diego County’s residents who are experiencing mental/behavioral health challenges. For you, that means that you will have opportunities to learn new ways to provide optimal supports to your clients. You will work within a collaborative, supportive team structure so that you can have fresh perspective and training.
Need clinical supervision? We can help you get your hours. Best of all, you will be involved in helping people change their lives for the better! We have strong internal advancement options, so there are opportunities for you to grow within our company.
Located in Chula Vista, CA, the Adelante Assertive Community Treatment (ACT) program provides intensive, community-based case management services for homeless adults in the South Bay Region of the County. We deliver fully-integrated services to clients diagnosed with a serious mental illness, as well as individuals with co-occurring, mental health, and substance disorders.
Our program utilizes the evidence-based practice of Assertive Community Treatment (ACT) to support our clients in the higher level of community care and to assist them in reaching their goals and living a life that is not dominated by mental illness. Our team is a model of care, providing treatment, rehabilitation, and case management supports.
Typical Duties of the PSR Specialist
- Conduct ongoing biopsychosocial assessments for clients, utilizing a psychosocial rehabilitation focus and dynamic team-based approach
- Conduct individual and group counseling/psychotherapy sessions, with potential for groups if interested
- Develop and update individual treatment service plans for clients
- Create discharge plans and provide linkage to other support services within the community
- Participate in interdisciplinary treatment planning
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree in a mental health-related field such as Social Work, Psychology or Counseling required
- Minimum of 1 year of experience working with a mental health population, especially with individuals with severe and persistent mental illness and co-occurring disorders strongly preferred
- Demonstrated knowledge of County Health and Human Services requirements including documentation is preferred
- Bilingual Spanish strongly preferred
- Proficiency in MS Office applications, specifically Word and Excel
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment is essential
- A valid California driver’s license in good standing and eligibility to be an approved CRF driver is required to fulfill the essential functions of this position. In addition, proof of insurance is required prior to driving personal vehicles on company business.
- Ability to pass criminal/background clearance
Be a part of our vibrant non-profit organization and make a difference in the lives of the people we serve!
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer