Back to Category List
Therapist / Assessment Specialist (4897) (Per Diem)
Program/Location: Jane Westin (Downtown SD)
Assessment Specialist – Mental Health Services for Adult Outpatient Program
Hours: Per Diem; availability Monday - Friday, between the hours of 8:00 am to 8:00 pm. A full 8-hour shift is not required, but must work at least a 4-hour shift any time between 8:00 am - 8:00 pm.
In order to create a workplace that meets maximum health and safety standards, CRF follows all mandated COVID-19 safety protocols and guidelines as outlined by the State of California, San Diego County, and the CDC. All new hires are required to show proof of completed vaccination before their first date of work, unless legally exempted. Those who are currently in process of getting vaccinated are encouraged to apply.
Community Research Foundation (CRF) inspires and mentors the next generation of mental health professionals!
At CRF, our accredited programs reach various demographics, so you can gain experience with almost any sector of mental health services. We are constantly evolving and developing fresh approaches to meet the needs of San Diego County’s residents who are experiencing mental/behavioral health challenges. For you, that means that you will have opportunities to learn new ways to provide optimal supports to your clients. You will work within a collaborative, supportive team structure so that you can have fresh perspective and training.
Need clinical supervision? We can help you get your hours. Best of all, you will be involved in helping people change their lives for the better! We have strong internal advancement options, so there are opportunities for you to grow within our company.
Located in downtown San Diego, CA, the Jane Westin Center is an adult outpatient walk-in clinic which provides a variety of intervention services to individuals in crisis. We serve individuals with serious mental illness and co-occurring substance abuse disorders.
Our services include initial psychosocial assessments, psychiatric and medication evaluations, crisis intervention and linking clients with ongoing community-based services.
Typical Duties of the Assessment Specialist
- Provides screening, clinical assessments, case management and outreach for outpatient program clients diagnosed with severe mental illness and may be dually diagnosed with a substance abuse disorder
- Conducts collateral interviews, develops individual service plans and participates in interdisciplinary treatment planning
- Provides crisis intervention as appropriate
- Coordinates with the multidisciplinary team regarding discharge planning in progress
- Collaborates with nursing staff to arrange continuing care medication maintenance
- Assists clients with obtaining treatment benefits and other community-based supports to facilitate recovery and improvement
- Licensed or registered with the California Board of Behavioral Sciences; license must be kept current during employment
- At least 2 years of experience with working with individuals who have a severe and persistent mental illness, as well as co-occurring disorders required
- Those with experience in a walk-in outpatient-based mental health program encouraged to apply
- Proficiency in MS Office applications, specifically Word and Excel required
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced and collaborative environment
- Able to pass criminal/background clearance
Benefits: CRF takes your dedication seriously and provides benefits to help you balance your work life and your personal life. For full-time staff (30 hours or more), we offer top-of-the-line medical insurance, dental plans, paid life insurance, vision plan, retirement benefits, and generous PTO (Paid Time Off). We also provide access to student loan repayment/forgiveness programs for graduates.
Be a part of our vibrant non-profit organization and make a difference
in the lives of the people we serve!
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer