Back to Category List
Housing Specialist (4854) (Temporary, Full-Time, Hourly)
Program/Location: South Bay Guidance Ctr (Chula Vista)
Housing Specialist (Temporary) – Mental Health Services for Adult Outpatient Program
Hours: 40 hours per week, Monday - Friday. The duration of this temporary position is approximately 10 months (until June 2022) with benefits.
In order to create a workplace that meets maximum health and safety standards, CRF follows all mandated COVID-19 safety protocols and guidelines as outlined by the State of California, San Diego County, and the CDC. All new hires are required to show proof of completed vaccination before their first date of work, unless legally exempted. Those who are currently in process of getting vaccinated are encouraged to apply.
Community Research Foundation (CRF) inspires and mentors the next generation of mental health professionals!
At CRF, our accredited programs reach various demographics, so you can gain experience with almost any sector of mental health services. We are constantly evolving and developing fresh approaches to meet the needs of San Diego County’s residents who are experiencing mental/behavioral health challenges. For you, that means that you will have opportunities to learn new ways to provide optimal supports to your clients. You will work within a collaborative, supportive team structure so that you can have fresh perspective and training.
Need clinical supervision? We can help you get your hours. Best of all, you will be involved in helping people change their lives for the better! We have strong internal advancement options, so there are opportunities for you to grow within our company.
Located in Chula Vista, CA (just 15 minutes south of Balboa Park), South Bay Guidance Center is an adult outpatient program which provides a variety of intervention services to individuals in crisis. We serve individuals with serious mental illness and co-occurring substance abuse disorders.
Our services include initial psychosocial assessments, psychiatric and medication evaluations, ongoing medication support services, limited individual and group counseling, supported housing, care coordination, case management, and linking clients with additional community-based supports.
Typical Duties of the Housing Specialist
The Housing Specialist manages the housing subsidy operations and assists clients with accessing permanent housing options. Duties include:
- Assists clients with enrollments into the program and maintaining their subsidy
- Supports clients to get onto permanent housing lists and provides housing skills training to ensure clients achieve an optimal level of health and functioning within the community
- At least 50% of the time is spent performing mobile/field work
- Assists with arranging moves to permanent housing specifically designed for persons with mental health issues
- Maintains relationships with property management involved in the housing subsidy and MHSA permanent housing programs
- Works collaboratively with all other members of the community to maximize successful client housing placement
- Bachelor’s degree in a business related field is required
- Previous experience working with the mental health population and/or geriatric experience strongly preferred
- Minimum of one year experience in property management strongly desired
- Bilingual Spanish preferred, but not required
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Office to include Outlook, Word, Excel applications, as well as internet research skills required
- Reliable transportation is required to fulfill the essential functions of this position. A valid California driver’s license in good standing and proof of insurance are required for employees driving personal vehicles on company business.
- Ability to pass criminal/background clearance
Benefits: CRF takes your dedication seriously and provides benefits to help you balance your work life and your personal life. For full-time staff (30 hours or more), we offer top-of-the-line medical insurance, dental plans, paid life insurance, vision plan, retirement benefits, and generous PTO (Paid Time Off). We also provide access to student loan repayment/forgiveness programs for graduates.
Be a part of our vibrant non-profit organization and make a difference in the lives of the people we serve!
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer