Back to Category List
Clinician, CYF (4734) (Regular Full-Time, Hourly)
Program/Location: Crossroads (El Cajon)
Clinician - CYF – Mental Health Services for Children, Youth and Family Program
Hours: 40 hours per week; Monday - Friday.
CRF places staff and client safety at the forefront and follows all COVID-19 safety protocols and guidelines as outlined by San Diego County, the State of California, and the CDC.
Community Research Foundation (CRF) inspires and mentors the next generation of mental health professionals!
At CRF, our accredited programs reach various demographics, so you can gain experience with almost any sector of mental health services. We are constantly evolving and developing fresh approaches to meet the needs of San Diego County’s residents who are experiencing mental/behavioral health challenges. For you, that means that you will have opportunities to learn new ways to provide optimal supports to your clients. You will work within a collaborative, supportive team structure so that you can have fresh perspective and training.
Need clinical supervision? We can help you get your hours. Best of all, you will be involved in helping people change their lives for the better! We have strong internal advancement options, so there are opportunities for you to grow within our company.
Located in El Cajon, CA, Crossroads Family Center is a children/youth outpatient program which provides services to the East Region of San Diego County. We provide a range of services including crisis intervention, individual, family, and group therapy, medication support, rehabilitation, case management and drug and alcohol services while incorporating the family systems and wrap-around approach. We provide mental health services to children and youth with Medi-Cal and Healthy Families Funding as well as those who are uninsured and underinsured.
Services are provided in English and several threshold languages, using medical care, education, and family resources as appropriate.
Typical Duties for a CYF Clinician:
- Provides therapeutic interventions to clients and/or members of clients’ families in a collaborative and professional manner in individual, group and family modalities
- Conducts collateral interviews as indicated with all identified partners, i.e., school, social services, probation and other treatment providers to support service plan objectives
- Provides crisis intervention for clients and their families, and maintains all required documentation
- Provides community-based services as needed by the families (schools, homes, community centers, churches, or where the family/clients feel most comfortable)
- Participates in interdisciplinary treatment planning and develops and updates client service plans
- Master’s degree in a mental health related field
- Registered or licensed with the Board of Behavioral Sciences (BBS)
- Experience working with children and adolescents with severe emotional disturbance in a public mental setting
- Understanding of psychosocial rehabilitation (PSR) and recovery principles, wrap-around models, and evidence-based practices
- Ability to organize and prioritize multiple concurrent assignments and work in a fast-paced environment
- Proficiency in MS Office applications, specifically Word and Excel; knowledge and experience in County Health and Human Services documentation requirements strongly preferred
- Experience with the County Electronic Health Record (EHR) system writing assessments preferred
- Reliable transportation is required to fulfill the essential functions of this position. A valid California driver’s license in good standing and proof of insurance are required for employees driving personal vehicles on company business.
- Able to pass criminal/background clearance
Benefits: CRF takes your dedication seriously and provides benefits to help you balance your work life and your personal life. For full-time staff (30 hours or more), we offer top-of-the-line medical insurance, dental plans, paid life insurance, vision plan, retirement benefits, and generous PTO (Paid Time Off). We also provide access to student loan repayment/forgiveness programs for graduates.
Be a part of our vibrant non-profit organization and make a difference in the lives of the people we serve!
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer