Back to Category List
PSR/Mental Health Counselor, Bilingual (4712) (Regular Full-Time, Hourly)
Program/Location: South Bay Guidance Ctr (Chula Vista)
PSR Specialist / Mental Health Counselor (Bilingual Spanish) – Mental Health Services for Adult Outpatient Program
Hours: 40 hours per week, Monday - Friday.
Internal Job Title: PSR Specialist - Bilingual
CRF places staff and client safety at the forefront and follows all COVID-19 safety protocols and guidelines as outlined by San Diego County, the State of California, and the CDC.
Community Research Foundation (CRF) inspires and mentors the next generation of mental health professionals!
At CRF, our accredited programs reach various demographics, so you can gain experience with almost any sector of mental health services. We are constantly evolving and developing fresh approaches to meet the needs of San Diego County’s residents who are experiencing mental/behavioral health challenges. For you, that means that you will have opportunities to learn new ways to provide optimal supports to your clients. You will work within a collaborative, supportive team structure so that you can have fresh perspective and training.
Need clinical supervision? We can help you get your hours. Best of all, you will be involved in helping people change their lives for the better! We have strong internal advancement options, so there are opportunities for you to grow within our company.
Located in Chula Vista, CA (just 15 minutes south of Balboa Park), South Bay Guidance Center is an adult outpatient program which provides a variety of intervention services to individuals in crisis. We serve individuals with serious mental illness and co-occurring substance abuse disorders.
Our services include initial psychosocial assessments, psychiatric and medication evaluations, ongoing medication support services, limited individual and group counseling, supported housing, care coordination, case management, and linking clients with additional community-based supports.
Typical Duties for the PSR Specialist
- Works with a multi-disciplinary team who provide outreach, engagement, case management, crisis intervention, and mental health services to clients in an outpatient clinic setting
- Conducts evaluations, screenings, assessments, crisis interventions, and case management
- Participates in the clinical delivery of the team's psychosocial rehabilitation services, including developing individual service plans and coordinating community resources to maximize optimal health outcomes
- Leads daily organizational treatment team meetings
- Ensures compliance with all County and CRF regulations
- Master's degree in a mental health related field such as Psychology, Social Work, or Counseling required
- Registered or licensed-eligible with the Board of Behavioral Sciences (BBS)
- Strong clinical skills and two years of experience working with serious and persistent mental illness and co-occurring substance use disorders
- Bilingual Spanish required
- Experience with Cerner preferred
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, collaborative work environment, and have a can-do attitude
- Proficiency in MS Office applications, specifically Word and Excel; knowledge and experience in County Health and Human Services documentation requirements strongly preferred
- Able to pass criminal/background clearance
Benefits: CRF takes your dedication seriously and provides benefits to help you balance your work life and your personal life. For full-time staff (30 hours or more), we offer top-of-the-line medical insurance, dental plans, paid life insurance, vision plan, retirement benefits, and generous PTO (Paid Time Off). We also provide access to student loan repayment/forgiveness programs for graduates.
Be a part of our vibrant non-profit organization and make a difference in the lives of the people we serve!
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer