Back to Category List
Intake / Assessment Specialist (4490) (Regular Full-Time, Hourly)
Program/Location: IMPACT (Linda Vista)
COMMUNITY RESEARCH FOUNDATION (CRF)
Community Research Foundation (CRF) inspires and mentors the next generation of mental health professionals!
Assertive Community Treatment (ACT) Program
Our Intensive Mobile Psychosocial Assertive Community Treatment programs (IMPACT, Downtown IMPACT and Senior IMPACT) provide intensive, community-based case management services for homeless adults throughout San Diego County. We deliver fully integrated services to clients diagnosed with a serious mental illness, as well as individuals with co-occurring, mental health, and substance disorders.
Our programs utilizes the evidence-based practice of Assertive Community Treatment (ACT) to support our clients in the higher level of community care and to assist them in reaching their goals and living a life not dominated by mental illness. Our team is a model of care, providing treatment, rehabilitation, and case management supports.
CRF Job Title: Assessment Specialist
Program/Location: IMPACT (Linda Vista/Mission Bay area)
Hours: 40 hours per week. Monday to Friday, 8:30 am - 4:30 pm with occasional evening and weekend shifts
This is an essential service position and you will qualify to receive the COVID vaccine once cleared to start working. CRF places staff and client safety at the forefront and follows all COVID-19 safety protocols and guidelines as outlined by San Diego County, the State of California, and the CDC.
As an Assessment Specialist, you will conduct initial intake assessments and screenings for new referrals, utilizing a psychosocial rehabilitation focus and dynamic team-based approached.
- Assist with crisis intervention and performs triage duties
- Develop individual treatment service plans for clients and assist with case management of shared caseload
- Manage database records to track referrals
- Participate in interdisciplinary treatment planning
- Network with community providers to develop resources for our clients
- Provide presentations about IMPACT to community providers to further knowledge of services provided by the program and qualifying referrals.
- Master’s degree in a mental health-related field such as Social Work, Psychology, or Counseling is required
- Registration with the BBS required within 2 months of employment
- Minimum of 1 year of experience working with a mental health population, especially with individuals with severe and persistent mental illness and co-occurring disorders is strongly preferred
- If working with the senior population (Senior IMPACT), previous experience working with this group is highly desirable
- A valid California driver's license in good standing and eligibility to be an approved CRF driver is required to fulfill the essential functions of this position. In addition, proof of insurance is required prior to driving personal vehicles on company business.
- Ability to pass criminal/background clearance and credentialing review
- Proficiency in MS Office applications, specifically Word and Excel
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment is essential
- Ability to work independently, self-directed and highly organized
Benefits: CRF takes your dedication seriously and provides benefits to help you balance your work life and your personal life. For full-time staff (30 hours or more), we offer top-of-the-line medical insurance, dental plans, paid life insurance, vision plan, retirement benefits, and generous PTO (Paid Time Off). We also provide access to student loan repayment/forgiveness programs for graduates.
If you are applying to this position as a Licensed, Registered, Waivered, or Certified professional and are offered the position, you will be required to pass a credentialing review. Additional information will be provided at the post-offer stage.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer