Back to Category List
Nurse - RN, Medical Health Professional (4424) (Regular Part-Time, Hourly)
Program/Location: Halcyon Center (El Cajon), Jary Barreto (Logan Heights), New Vistas (Downtown SD), Vista Balboa (Balboa Park)
RN - Medical Health Professional – Mental Health Services for Short-Term Acute Residential Treatment (START) Programs
Hours: Flexible work schedule between Monday through Sunday.
16 hours per week comprised of four 4-hour shifts at the following START programs - Vista Balboa Crisis Center (Balboa Park), Jary Barreto Crisis Center (Logan Heights), New Vistas Crisis Center (Downtown San Diego) and Halcyon Crisis Center (El Cajon).
NEW Pay Rate: $38.50 per hour
CRF Internal Job Title: Nurse - RN Medical
This is an essential service position and you will qualify to receive the COVID vaccine once cleared to start working. CRF places staff and client safety at the forefront and follows all COVID-19 safety protocols and guidelines as outlined by San Diego County, the State of California, and the CDC.
CRF: IT’S A GREAT PLACE TO WORK!
Community Research Foundation (CRF) inspires and mentors the next generation of mental health professionals. Our accredited programs reach various demographics, so you can gain experience with almost any sector of mental health services.
CRF Nurses are client-centered, compassionate, dedicated team members who want to make a difference in the lives of the people they serve. They embrace the opportunity to work side-by-side with their clients, helping to make lasting changes that will improve quality of life, health, and wellness. Our nurses are committed to providing excellence in nursing care, while working within various behavioral healthcare settings including, Short Term Acute Residential Treatment (START), outpatient clinics, Assertive Community Treatment (ACT) teams, and family services.
As a CRF nurse, you’ll be part of a team to provide assessments, help clients learn to manage their illness, provide encouragement and counseling as needed, and monitor any side effects of medications. You’ll be responsible for safely storing and handling medications and ensuring the proper documentation is completed.
You won’t be wearing scrubs. You won’t be providing traditional bedside services. You will be part of a holistic, wrap-around service team that changes lives.
Our Short Term Acute Residential Treatment (START) programs provides intensive, community-based crisis residential services for adults throughout San Diego County. We deliver a unique alternative to psychiatric hospitalization to clients who are suffering a psychiatric crisis of such magnitude so as not to be manageable on an outpatient basis. Our services are provided in a home-like environment that specializes in the psychosocial rehabilitation of each individual.
Built around a bio-psychosocial approach, our multi-disciplinary team addresses each aspect of a client's unique situation, including mental health, co-occurring substance abuse, housing, medical/medication needs, and establishing connections to social service supports within the community to facilitate successful transition beyond the START program.
Typical Duties of the RN – Medical Health Professional
- Conducting wellness assessments, assisting with diabetes management services, hypertension monitoring, as well as monitoring medications, side effects, and obtaining treatment for medical conditions
- Provide First Aid treatment as needed
- Review client medical records to identify client medical needs
- Coordinates medical treatments with psychiatric treatments with collaboration from the nursing staff, program psychiatrist, and primary care physicians
- Makes appropriate referrals to and appointments with other medical, health, and wellness service providers to optimize client outcomes
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Must be a Registered Nurse licensed by the State of California and be kept current throughout employment
- Current CPR/First Aid certification required and must be kept current throughout employment
- Strong nursing clinical skills, experience in behavioral health service settings preferred
- A valid California driver’s license in good standing and eligibility to be an approved CRF driver is required to fulfill the essential functions of this position. In addition, proof of insurance is required prior to driving personal vehicles on company business.
- Ability pass criminal/background clearance
Benefits: CRF takes your dedication seriously and provides benefits to help you balance your work life and your personal life. For full-time staff (30 hours or more), we offer top-of-the-line medical insurance, dental plans, paid life insurance, vision plan, retirement benefits, and generous PTO (Paid Time Off). We also provide access to student loan repayment/forgiveness programs for graduates.
Be a part of our vibrant non-profit organization and make a difference in the lives of the people we serve!
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer