Back to Category List
Program Coordinator - Mental Health (4404) (Full-time, Salaried)
Program/Location: Turning Point (Oceanside)
Program Coordinator - Mental Health Services for Short-Term Acute Residential Treatment (START) Program
Work Schedule: This is an exempt position; schedule is Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, 8:00 am to 4:00 pm; Friday and Saturday; 4:00 pm to Midnight. Schedule may change depending on program needs.
This is an essential service position and you will qualify to receive the COVID vaccine once cleared to start working. CRF places staff and client safety at the forefront and follows all COVID-19 safety protocols and guidelines as outlined by San Diego County, the State of California, and the CDC.
CRF: Why It’s A Great Place To Work!
Community Research Foundation inspires and mentors the next generation of mental health professionals! Our accredited programs reach various demographics, so you can gain experience with almost any sector of mental health services.
At CRF, we are constantly evolving and developing fresh approaches to meet the needs of San Diego County’s residents who are experiencing mental/behavioral health challenges.
For you, that means that you will have opportunities to learn new ways to provide optimal supports to your clients. You will work within a collaborative, supportive team structure so that you can have fresh perspective and training. Need clinical supervision? We can help you get your hours! Best of all, you will be involved in helping people change their lives for the better!
We have strong internal advancement options, so there are opportunities for you to grow within our company. Come join us!
Located in Oceanside, CA, Turning Point Crisis Center is a Short Term Acute Residential Treatment (START) program provides intensive, community-based crisis residential services for adults throughout San Diego County. We deliver a unique alternative to psychiatric hospitalization to clients who are suffering a psychiatric crisis of such magnitude so as not to be manageable on an outpatient basis. Our services are provided in a home-like environment that specializes in the psychosocial rehabilitation of each individual.
Built around a bio-psychosocial approach, our multi-disciplinary team addresses each aspect of a client's unique situation, including mental health, co-occurring substance abuse, housing, medical/medication needs, and establishing connections to social service supports within the community to facilitate successful transition beyond the START program.
Typical Duties of the Program Coordinator
- Assist the Program Director with the management of the program operations
- Conduct individual, group, and milieu therapy sessions with clients
- May assist with management of program staff, including training, scheduling, and participating in hiring process
- Assist with program development, discharge planning, quality assurance, chart review, improvement processes, and clinical oversight and implementation
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Master's degree is Social Work, Counseling, Psychology or other related mental health field required
- Registered in CA as an AMFT, ASW, APCC or waiver-eligible (ABD) psychologist candidate
- Experience working with persistent mental illness and co-occurring disorders required
- First Aid/CPR certification is required and must be kept current during employment
- Supervisory experience in a crisis center is strongly preferred
- Demonstrated leadership skills in a clinical environment
- Ability to maintain calm demeanor in crisis situations is essential
- Strong communication skills, ability to multi-task and have keen attention to detail are necessary
- Proficiency in MS Office applications, specifically Word, Outlook, and Excel
- Able to pass criminal/background clearance
Be a part of our vibrant non-profit organization and
make a difference in the lives of the people we serve!
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer