Back to Category List
Care Coordinator, Mental Health (4386) (Regular Full-Time, Hourly)
Program/Location: Areta Crowell (Bankers Hill)
Care Coordinator - Mental Health Services for Adult Outpatient Program
Hours: 32 hours per week, Monday - Friday.
This is an essential service position and you will qualify to receive the COVID vaccine once cleared to start working. CRF places staff and client safety at the forefront and follows all COVID-19 safety protocols and guidelines as outlined by San Diego County, the State of California, and the CDC.
CRF: WHY IT’S A GREAT PLACE TO WORK!
Community Research Foundation (CRF) inspires and mentors the next generation of mental health professionals! Our accredited programs reach various demographics, so you can gain experience with almost any sector of mental health services.
At CRF, we are constantly evolving and developing fresh approaches to meet the needs of San Diego County’s residents who are experiencing mental/behavioral health challenges. For you, that means that you will have opportunities to learn new ways to provide optimal supports to your clients. You will work within a collaborative, supportive team structure so that you can have fresh perspective and training. Need clinical supervision? We can help you get your hours. Best of all, you will be involved in helping people change their lives for the better!
We have strong internal advancement options, so there are opportunities for you to grow within our company. Come join us!
Located in the Bankers Hill area in San Diego, CA, the Areta Crowell Wellness & Recovery Center is an adult outpatient program that provides a variety of intervention services to individuals in crisis. We serve individuals with serious mental illness and co-occurring substance abuse disorders.
Our services include initial psychosocial assessments, psychiatric and medication evaluations, ongoing medication support services, limited individual and group counseling, supported housing, care coordination, case management, and linking clients with additional community-based supports.
Typical Duties of the Care Coordinator
- Conduct initial psychological assessments for clients, utilizing a psychosocial rehabilitation focus and dynamic team-based approach
- Conduct individual counseling/psychotherapy sessions
- Develop and update individual treatment service plans for clients
- Create discharge plans and provide linkage to other support services within the community
- Participate in interdisciplinary treatment planning
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree in a mental health-related field such as Social Work, Psychology, Counseling, with 2 years of experience working with a mental health population, especially with individuals with severe and persistent mental illness and co-occurring disorders is required
- Master's degree preferred
- Demonstrated knowledge of County Health and Human Services requirements including documentation is preferred
- Proficiency in MS Office applications, specifically Word and Excel
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment is essential
- Ability to pass criminal/background clearance
Benefits: CRF takes your dedication seriously and provides benefits to help you balance your work life and your personal life. For full-time staff (30 hours or more), we offer top-of-the-line medical insurance, dental plans, paid life insurance, vision plan, retirement benefits, and generous PTO (Paid Time Off). We also provide access to student loan repayment/forgiveness programs for graduates.
Be a part of our vibrant non-profit organization and make a difference in the lives of the people we serve!
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer