Back to Category List
PSR/MENTAL HEALTH COUNSELORS - START (4320) (Please Select)
Program/Location: START - Various Locations
PSR/MENTAL HEALTH COUNSELORS AT OUR START PROGRAMS – VARIOUS SHIFTS AVAILABLE
Accepting BA/BS candidates
Hours: Full-time, Part-time and Per Diem - Various Shifts (weekdays and weekends) and Locations
CRF Internal Job Title: PSR Specialist
CRF FOLLOWS ALL COVID-19 SAFETY PROTOCOLS AND GUIDELINES AS OUTLINED
BY SAN DIEGO COUNTY, THE STATE OF CALIFORNIA, AND THE CDC.
Located throughout San Diego, our START programs provide intensive, community-based crisis residential services for adults throughout San Diego County. We deliver a unique alternative to psychiatric hospitalization to clients who are suffering a psychiatric crisis of such magnitude so as not to be manageable on an outpatient basis. Our services are provided in a home-like environment that specializes in the psychosocial rehabilitation of each individual.
Built around a bio-psychosocial approach, our multi-disciplinary team addresses each aspect of a client’s unique situation, including mental health, co-occurring substance abuse, housing, medical/medication needs, and establishing connections to social service supports within the community to facilitate successful transition beyond the START program.
Typical Duties of the PSR Specialist
- Conduct initial psychological assessments for clients, utilizing a psychosocial rehabilitation focus and dynamic team-based approach
- Conduct individual and group counseling/psychotherapy sessions
- Develop and update individual treatment service plans for clients
- Create discharge plans and provide linkage to other support services within the community
- Participate in interdisciplinary treatment planning
- Excellent opportunity to work with dually-diagnosed adults
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Master’s degree in a mental health-related field such as Social Work, Psychology, Counseling strongly preferred
- Candidates with Bachelor's degree in a mental health-related field with 1+ years of experience in mental health services are highly encouraged to apply
- First Aid/CPR certification is required and must be kept current during employment
- Demonstrated knowledge of County Health and Human Services requirements including documentation is preferred
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment is essential
- Ability to pass criminal/background clearance
Benefits: CRF takes your dedication seriously and provides benefits to help you balance your work life and your personal life. For full-time staff (30 hours or more), we offer top-of-the-line medical insurance, dental plans, paid life insurance, vision plan, retirement benefits, and generous PTO (Paid Time Off). We also provide access to student loan repayment/forgiveness programs for graduates.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer