Back to Category List
Mobile Assessment Counselor, Bilingual (4301) (Temporary, Full-Time, Hourly)
Program/Location: StepForward East (El Cajon)
Mobile Assessment Counselor, Bilingual Spanish (Temporary) – Mental Health Services for CalWORKs Program
Hours: 40 hours per week, Monday - Friday, 8:30 am to 4:30 pm. The duration of this temporary position is 5 to 6 months with benefits, depending on program needs.
CRF Internal Job Title: Mobile Assessment Coordinator
CRF: WHY IT’S A GREAT PLACE TO WORK!
Community Research Foundation (CRF) inspires and mentors the next generation of mental health professionals! Our accredited programs reach various demographics, so you can gain experience with almost any sector of mental health services.
At CRF, we are constantly evolving and developing fresh approaches to meet the needs of San Diego County’s residents who are experiencing mental/behavioral health challenges. We have strong internal advancement options, so there are opportunities for you to grow within our company. Come join us!
CRF FOLLOWS ALL COVID-19 SAFETY PROTOCOLS AND GUIDELINES AS OUTLINED
BY SAN DIEGO COUNTY, THE STATE OF CALIFORNIA, AND THE CDC.
Located in El Cajon, CA, Step Forward East is a CalWORKs program that provides a full range of behavioral health services to assist individuals to overcome challenges and reduce barriers that may affect their ability to successfully move from welfare to work. Services are provided to adults and their families in a caring and respectful atmosphere, encouraging independence, initiative, and recovery. CalWORKs BHC provides excellent training in the Mental Health field with strong emphasis in Dialectical Behavior Therapy, Seeking Safety, and Motivational Interviewing.
Typical Duties of the Mobile Assessment Counselor
- Provides orientations for new WTW participants, trains Case Managers, conducts screenings and provides referrals for social service needs.
- May work off-site at a Welfare-to-Work office.
- Works closely with collaborative partners and other providers in the region to facilitate access to program service, other social services needed for WTW clients.
- Assists clients in developing service plan goals and prioritizing needs and steps to reach the established goals.
- Participates in weekly Care Coordination meetings
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in mental health-related field
- Minimum of 2 years of experience assisting hard-to-place populations, including severe mentally illness, severe emotional disorder, and Welfare-to-Work clients
- Bilingual Arabic preferred; Bilingual Spanish required
- Intermediate computer skills in Microsoft Office, including Outlook, Word, and Excel.
- Reliable transportation is required to fulfill the essential functions of this position. A valid California driver’s license in good standing and proof of insurance are required for employees driving personal vehicles on company business.
- Able to pass criminal/background clearance
Benefits: CRF takes your dedication seriously and provides benefits to help you balance your work life and your personal life. For full-time staff (30 hours or more), we offer top-of-the-line medical insurance, dental plans, paid life insurance, vision plan, retirement benefits, and generous PTO (Paid Time Off). We also provide access to student loan repayment/forgiveness programs for graduates.
Be a part of our vibrant non-profit organization and make a difference in the lives of the people we serve!
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer