Back to Category List
Clinical Supervisor - LCSW (4160) (Regular Part-Time, Hourly)
Program/Location: New Vistas (Downtown SD)
Clinical Supervisor / Psychologist – Mental Health Services for Short Term Acute Residential Treatment Program
Hours: 5 hours per week; flexible schedule
CRF Internal Job Title: Clinical Supervisor
CRF: WHY IT’S A GREAT PLACE TO WORK!
Community Research Foundation (CRF) inspires and mentors the next generation of mental health professionals! Our accredited programs reach various demographics, so you can gain experience with almost any sector of mental health services.
At CRF, we are constantly evolving and developing fresh approaches to meet the needs of San Diego County’s residents who are experiencing mental/behavioral health challenges. We have strong internal advancement options, so there are opportunities for you to grow within our company. Come join us!
CRF FOLLOWS ALL COVID-19 SAFETY PROTOCOLS AND GUIDELINES AS OUTLINED
BY SAN DIEGO COUNTY, THE STATE OF CALIFORNIA, AND THE CDC.
Located in San Diego, CA, New Vistas Crisis Center is a Short Term Acute Residential Treatment (START) program which provides intensive, community-based crisis residential services for adults throughout San Diego County. We deliver a unique alternative to psychiatric hospitalization to clients who are suffering a psychiatric crisis of such magnitude so as not to be manageable on an outpatient basis. Our services are provided in a home-like environment that specializes in the psychosocial rehabilitation of each individual.
Built around a bio-psychosocial approach, our multi-disciplinary team addresses each aspect of a client’s unique situation, including mental health, co-occurring substance abuse, housing, medical/medication needs, and establishing connections to social service supports within the community to facilitate successful transition beyond the START program.
Typical Duties of the Clinical Supervisor
- Provides individual and group supervision of interns and practicum students from various local college programs
- Follows Professional Board requirements and educational institution contracts and requirements
- Participates in utilization management
- Reviews and co-sign clinical records
- Is available for on-call clinical consultation
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW); license must be kept current during the entire period of employment.
- Experience working with the severe and persistent mentally ill population and with adults/older adults is required; experience with co-occurring disorders also strongly preferred
- Eligible to provide clinical supervision per Board of Behavioral Sciences criteria
- Previous supervisory experience is preferred
- Basic computer skills are required; proficiency in MS Office applications required
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment is essential
- Ability to pass criminal/background clearance
Be a part of our vibrant non-profit organization and make a difference
in the lives of the people we serve!
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer