Back to Category List
Peer Specialist (6175) (Regular Full-Time, Hourly)
Program: IMPACT (Linda Vista)
Peer Specialist – Mental Health Services for Assertive Community Treatment Programs
Hours: 40 hours per week with work schedule option and occasional evening and Saturday shifts
- Monday - Friday, 8:30 am to 4:30 pm OR
- Monday - Thursday, 8:00 am to 5:00 pm (9 hours) and Friday, 8:30 am to 4:30 pm (8 hours), off every other Friday
Pay Rate: $22.71 per hour
CRF inspires and mentors the next generation of mental health professionals!
We are constantly evolving and developing fresh approaches to meet the needs of San Diego County’s residents who are experiencing mental/behavioral health challenges. We offer a diverse, inclusive workplace that fosters personal growth and development. You will work within a collaborative, supportive team structure, learn new ways to provide optimal supports to your clients and help people change their lives for the better!
Located in the Linda Vista neighborhood of San Diego, CA, the Intensive Mobile Psychosocial Assertive Community Treatment (IMPACT) program provides intensive, community-based case management services for homeless adults throughout San Diego County. We deliver fully-integrated services to clients diagnosed with a serious mental illness, as well as individuals with co-occurring, mental health, and substance disorders.
Our program utilizes the evidence-based practice of Assertive Community Treatment (ACT) to support our clients in the higher level of community care and to assist them in reaching their goals and living a life that is not dominated by mental illness. Our team is a model of care, providing treatment, rehabilitation, and case management supports.
Typical Duties of the Peer Specialist
- Acts as an ambassador to the program by welcoming, providing orientation, and engage prospective clients to the program
- Utilizes experiences as a recipient of mental health services to enhance recovery efforts of clients within the program
- Promotes and models the concept of recovery to program participants
- Serves as a member of the multidisciplinary team and shares practical insight related to illness management, life skills, and the lifelong recovery process
- Acts as an advocate for the client when appropriate
- May assist clients by driving to appointments, benefits applications, assessing social service needs
Required Skills and Qualifications
- High School diploma/GED with a minimum of one year of experience in a social services setting required or Associate's degree
- Experience as a person who has received mental health services or has a close family member that has received mental health services is required
- 1 year of working with the mental health population preferred
- Peer Employment Training preferred, required after hire
- Bilingual Spanish preferred, but not required
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment is essential
- Proficient computer skills, including MS Office
- A valid California driver's license in good standing and eligibility to be an approved CRF driver is required to fulfill the essential functions of this position. In addition, proof of insurance is required prior to driving personal vehicles on company business.
- Ability to pass criminal/background clearance
Benefits: CRF provides benefits to help you balance your work life and your personal life. For full-time staff (30 hours or more), we offer...
- 19 days of PTO per year
- 12 paid holidays per year
- “Platinum +” medical plans, with minimal employee cost/expenses for you and excellent coverage
- Several dental plan options
- Vision benefits
- Company-paid life insurance and Long-Term Disability
- Tax-Free Flexible Spending for medical/dental/childcare expenses
- Generous retirement plan contributions
- Employee Assistance Plan for you and your family
- Employee discount program, including pet insurance plans
- Paid training and supervision hours are available
- Opportunities for advancement and growth
- We also provide access to student loan repayment/forgiveness programs for graduates.
All new hires are required to show proof of completed vaccination and booster before their first date of work, unless legally exempted.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer
Internal Job Title: Peer Specialist
If you would like to set profiles, manage, and track your submissions you can register here
...or if you already have an account you may login here