Back to Category List
Medical Billing & Data Specialist (6162) (Regular Full-Time, Hourly)
Medical Billing / Data Specialist
Hours: 40 hours per week; Monday – Friday, 8:00 am to 4:00 pm.
Pay Rate: $23.00 per hour
CRF inspires and mentors the next generation of mental health professionals!
We are constantly evolving and developing fresh approaches to meet the needs of San Diego County’s residents who are experiencing mental/behavioral health challenges. We offer a diverse, inclusive workplace that fosters personal growth and development. You will work within a collaborative, supportive team structure, learn new ways to provide optimal supports to your clients and help people change their lives for the better!
Healthy Connect San Diego provides outreach and mobile case management to individuals in Central and Eastern San Diego County. This program provides outreach, comprehensive physical and behavioral health mobile case management, health promotion, individual and family support, and referrals to community housing and social support services.
Typical Duties of the Medical Billing / Data Specialist
This position is responsible for the utilization and management of all program outcome databases and Electronic Health Record, including service billing. Ensures timely and accurate data input, performs data validation and quality control checks, creates and generates reports, performs analysis and reconciliation of data. Tracks data related to outcome measures to monitor program compliance.
- Ensure that members served information, enrollment, disenrollment, eligibility information, outcome data, billing, and other pertinent information is inputted within specified time limits.
- Perform data validation and quality control checks.
- Oversee data collection, ensuring timeliness and accuracy.
- Provide data management and analysis of outcome measures and other contract measures.
- Assist with preparing and processing billing to the health plan
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Services, Business, Social Work or related field preferred; or High School Diploma or Associate’s degree and equivalent work experience may be substituted.
- Knowledge of current ICD-10 and CPT coding systems preferred
- Knowledge of Medicare and Medi-Cal insurances preferred
- 1+ year experience of utilizing medical databases, billing software, or electronic health records, data input and output and responsibility for related data integrity and analysis preferred
- Demonstrated strong communication (verbal and written), analytical, and organizational skills. Ability to type and create forms.
- 1+ year experience working with Microsoft Office products (Excel, Word, Outlook).
- Demonstrated attention to detail and ability to work with minimum supervision, set work priorities, and function as a self-starter.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in using Electronic Health Systems (or knowledge of databases)
- Ability to pass criminal/background clearance
Benefits: CRF provides benefits to help you balance your work life and your personal life. For full-time staff (30 hours or more), we offer...
- 19 days of PTO per year
- 12 paid holidays per year
- “Platinum +” medical plans, with minimal employee cost/expenses for you and excellent coverage
- Several dental plan options
- Vision benefits
- Company-paid life insurance and Long-Term Disability
- Tax-Free Flexible Spending for medical/dental/childcare expenses
- Generous retirement plan contributions
- Employee Assistance Plan for you and your family
- Employee discount program, including pet insurance plans
- Paid training and supervision hours are available
- Opportunities for advancement and growth
All new hires are required to show proof of completed vaccination before their first date of work, unless legally exempted
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer
Med. Billing & Data Specialist
If you would like to set profiles, manage, and track your submissions you can register here
...or if you already have an account you may login here