Back to Category List
Case Manager / Mobile Outreach (6054) (Regular Full-Time, Hourly)
Program/Location: Heartland (El Cajon)
Case Manager / Mobile Outreach – Mental Health Services for Adult Outpatient
Hours: 40 hours per week; 9:00 am - 5:00 pm (Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday), 11:00 am - 7:00 pm (Wednesday).
Pay Rate: $25.71 to $27.00 per hour
CRF inspires and mentors the next generation of mental health professionals!
We are constantly evolving and developing fresh approaches to meet the needs of San Diego County’s residents who are experiencing mental/behavioral health challenges. We offer a diverse, inclusive workplace that fosters personal growth and development. You will work within a collaborative, supportive team structure, learn new ways to provide optimal supports to your clients and help people change their lives for the better!
Located in El Cajon, CA, Heartland Wellness and Recovery Center is an adult outpatient program located in the East County region of San Diego County which provides a variety of intervention services to individuals in crisis. We serve individuals with serious mental illness and co-occurring substance abuse disorders.
Our services include initial psychosocial assessments, psychiatric and medication evaluations, ongoing medication support services, limited individual and group counseling, supported housing, care coordination, case management, and linking clients with additional community-based supports.
Typical Duties of the Case Manager / Mobile Outreach
- Builds and maintains collaborative working relationships with community agencies, such as hospitals, emergency rooms, START programs, and recovery centers.
- Ensures smooth transition of potential clients from partnering agencies into mental health services at the clinic.
- At least 50% of time will be in the field including but not limited to East County hospitals and START programs conducting screenings, assessments, care coordination, and case management services with referred individuals.
- At least 50% of time will be field/ program-based case management and care coordination services for existing clients.
- Works with Peer Specialist (Mobile Outreach) to promote engagement of referred clients.
- Acts as a liaison between referring agencies and the clinic to coordinate treatment for new clients.
- Promotes healthy development and positive outcomes for clients through utilizing case management and rehabilitative strategies with a team of dedicated professionals.
- Assists clients and families to build upon natural support systems and link individuals to other service agencies. Provides additional supportive services to assist with continuity of treatment, linkage to resources, transition from program to program, and transition from program to community resources.
- Connects every client/family to a medical home as well as clinic, home, and community-based services.
- Serves as an advocate for the client and family.
- Creates and maintains all required documents in the electronic and paper record systems.
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Master’s degree in Psychology, Social Work or Counseling is required
- Registered with the BBS preferred
- Experience working with transitional-aged youth, adults, and older adults with mental health challenges is required
- Proficient computer skills, including MS Office
- A valid California driver’s license in good standing, proof of insurance, and personal vehicle are required to fulfill the essential functions of this position.
- Ability to pass criminal/background clearance.
Benefits: CRF provides benefits to help you balance your work life and your personal life. For full-time staff (30 hours or more), we offer...
- 19 days of PTO per year
- 12 paid holidays per year
- “Platinum +” medical plans, with minimal employee cost/expenses for you and excellent coverage
- Several dental plan options
- Vision benefits
- Company-paid life insurance and Long-Term Disability
- Tax-Free Flexible Spending for medical/dental/childcare expenses
- Generous retirement plan contributions
- Employee Assistance Plan for you and your family
- Employee discount program, including pet insurance plans
- Paid training and supervision hours are available
- Opportunities for advancement and growth
- We also provide access to student loan repayment/forgiveness programs for graduates.
All new hires are required to show proof of completed vaccination and booster before their first date of work, unless legally exempted.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer
Internal job title: Case Manager