Back to Category List
Jr. Accounting Specialist (6037INT) (Regular Full-Time, Hourly)
Program/Location: Central Office (Central San Diego)
Jr. Accounting Specialist – Come grow with us!
Office Hours: Monday – Thursday, 9:00 am to 5:00 pm and Friday, 9:00 am to 1:00 pm. This is a non-exempt position.
Pay Rate: $24.00 to $26.00 per hour
FANTASTIC opportunity if you are an aspiring Accounting professional who values excellence, collaboration, providing specialized support, and finding balance by appreciating laughter and wellness in the workplace! We offer competitive pay and terrific benefits in a fun, energetic and professional environment…our Accounting Department is second to none!
Community Research Foundation is an $100 million, non-profit organization that continues to grow as a leader in providing mental health services throughout San Diego County. Located in the Mission Bay Park area, our Accounting department provides support to 33 programs and approximately 1,000 employees across San Diego County in all aspects of financial management, including budgeting, billing, AP/AR, payroll, financial analysis, and auditing.
Typical Duties of the Jr. Accounting Specialist
The Jr. Accounting Specialist position will work closely with the Accounting Supervisor and be responsible for:
- Processing accounts payable, provisions, and cash receipts related to program operations, including navigating complex accounting and processing rules related to client housing.
- Reviewing and processing large volume monthly credit card statements/receipts.
- Accounting for Organizational Representative Payee Services program.
- Performing various reconciliations and preparing month-end journal entries and accruals.
- Completing ad-hoc and special projects, analyses and tasks as requested by management.
- Providing excellent customer service to the Central Office and program administrative staff while working together with other members of the accounting team.
- Associate’s degree completed, or in progress, including completion of Introductory accounting course, or equivalent experience
- Minimum one year of Accounts Payable or customer service experience
- Accounting and property management software experience a plus
- Basic skills in Excel, Word, and Outlook
- Ability to reconcile numerical data
- Developing communication, analytical, and organizational skills
- Ability to pass criminal/background clearance
PLEASE INCLUDE A COVER LETTER WITH SALARY REQUIREMENTS WHEN APPLYING FOR THIS POSITION
Benefits: CRF provides benefits to help you balance your work life and your personal life. For full-time staff (30 hours or more), we offer...
- 19 days of PTO per year
- 12 paid holidays per year
- “Platinum +” medical plans, with minimal employee cost/expenses for you and excellent coverage
- Several dental plan options
- Vision benefits
- Company-paid life insurance and Long-Term Disability
- Tax-Free Flexible Spending for medical/dental/childcare expenses
- Generous retirement plan contributions
- Employee Assistance Plan for you and your family
- Employee discount program, including pet insurance plans
- Paid training and supervision hours are available
- Opportunities for advancement and growth
- We also provide access to student loan repayment/forgiveness programs for graduates.
All new hires are required to show proof of completed vaccination and booster before their first date of work, unless legally exempted.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer
Internal job title: Jr. Accounting Specialist