Back to Category List
Lead Clinician (5927) (Temporary, Full-Time, Hourly)
Program/Location: Nueva Vista Family Services (Chula Vista)
Lead Clinician (Temporary) – Mental Health Services for Children, Youth and Family (CYF) Program
Hours: 40 hours per week with some evenings required. Clinic hours are Monday and Friday, 9:00 am to 5:00 pm, Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday 9:00 am to 7:00 pm.
The duration of this temporary position is 3 to 6 months, depending on program needs. This is a benefitted position.
CRF inspires and mentors the next generation of mental health professionals!
We are constantly evolving and developing fresh approaches to meet the needs of San Diego County’s residents who are experiencing mental/behavioral health challenges. We offer a diverse, inclusive workplace that fosters personal growth and development. You will work within a collaborative, supportive team structure, learn new ways to provide optimal supports to your clients and help people change their lives for the better!
Located in Chula Vista, CA, Nueva Vista Family Services is a children/youth outpatient program, which provides services to the South Bay region of San Diego County. We provide a range of services including crisis intervention, individual, family, and group therapy, medication support, rehabilitation, case management and drug and alcohol services while incorporating the family systems and wrap-around approach. We provide mental health services to children and youth with Medi-Cal and Healthy Families Funding as well as those who are uninsured and underinsured.
Services are provided in English and Spanish, as well as several other threshold languages, using medical care, education, and family resources as appropriate.
Typical Duties for Lead Clinician:
As needed, will assist the Program Coordinators, Assistant Program Director, and Program Director in the day-to-day clinical operations of the program including…
- Provide therapeutic interventions to a full caseload of clients and/or family members in a collaborative and supportive environment, using individual, group and family modalities
- Conduct collateral interviews with schools, social services, probation, and other treatment providers and community service providers to support service plan objectives
- Assists with managing the program and ensures compliance with all County, CRF regulations
- Provides crisis intervention for clients and their families, and maintains all required documentation.
- As needed, supports management staff with training of practicum students to include but not limited to co-signing Cerner documentation, on-site support and consultation (as program needs allow)
- May assist with coordination of care to program through collaboration with community and school partners and may act as liaison to program
- Master’s degree in a mental health related field such as Psychology, Social Work, or Counseling
- Licensed or licensed-eligible with the Board of Behavioral Sciences (BBS)
- Strong clinical skills and minimum of 2 years of experience in working with severe emotional disturbance/co-occurring disorders is required
- Bilingual Spanish required
- Ability to work with minimum supervision and to thrive in a fast-paced environment is essential
- Demonstrated knowledge of County Mental and Human Services requirements including documentation is required
- Proficiency in MS Office applications, specifically Word and Excel
- Reliable transportation is required to fulfill the essential functions of this position. A valid California driver’s license in good standing and proof of insurance are required for employees driving personal vehicles on company business.
- Able to pass criminal/background clearance
Benefits: CRF provides benefits to help you balance your work life and your personal life. For full-time staff (30 hours or more), we offer...
- 19 days of PTO per year
- 12 paid holidays per year
- “Platinum +” medical plans, with minimal employee cost/expenses for you and excellent coverage
- Several dental plan options
- Vision benefits
- Company-paid life insurance and Long-Term Disability
- Tax-Free Flexible Spending for medical/dental/childcare expenses
- Generous retirement plan contributions
- Employee Assistance Plan for you and your family
- Employee discount program, including pet insurance plans
- Paid training and supervision hours are available
- Opportunities for advancement and growth
- We also provide access to student loan repayment/forgiveness programs for graduates.
All new hires are required to show proof of completed vaccination and booster shot before their first date of work, unless legally exempted.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer