Back to Category List
Nurse - RN (5925) (Regular Part-Time, Hourly)
Program/Location: Sunny Views (Escondido)
CRF inspires and mentors the next generation of mental health professionals!
We are constantly evolving and developing fresh approaches to meet the needs of San Diego County’s residents who are experiencing mental/behavioral health challenges. We offer a diverse, inclusive workplace that fosters personal growth and development. You will work within a collaborative, supportive team structure, learn new ways to provide optimal supports to your clients and help people change their lives for the better!
Job Position: Nurse - RN
Company: Community Research Foundation
Location: Escondido, CA
Hours: 16 hours per week
Pay Rate: $45.67 per hour
NEW PROGRAM SERVING I/DD ADULTS OPENING IN ESCONDIDO!
This program is the first of its kind in San Diego, California. We support adults with co-occurring mental health and developmental disabilities in a residential home, who come from a variety of backgrounds and levels of skill. We provide services to adults who have unique needs and do not “fit in a box.” Our goal is to create a diverse team by combining behavioral and mental health strategies to compassionately help clients learn to tolerate their stressors and to be successful in their future.
What you will love about this job:
- We are at one location, no extra driving
- Meet and work with a variety of people and strengthen your clinical nursing skills
- Pay incentives for overnight or weekend shifts
- Low caseload
- We offer a diverse, inclusive workplace that fosters and encourages personal growth and development
What you will do at this job:
- Perform face-to-face nursing assessments/evaluations, review Infection Control guidelines and screen for communicable diseases, collect medical and medication history. Identify acute or potential health problems and refer the resident to the appropriate facility and/or level of care for treatment.
- Participate in the treatment and transition planning of clients as part of their Individual Behavior Supports Team (IBST).
- Administer medications as ordered by the Nurse Practitioner.
- Provide health education and medication instructions to clients, family members, staff and other support personnel
- Monitor residents' physical and psychiatric condition and response to any treatment or medications and reports findings to Program Administrator and Psychiatrist.
- Maintain inventory, storage and handling of medication including Patient Assistance Program (PAP) medications and/or sample medication according to Medi-Cal, SDRC, and all overseeing agency’s guidelines.
- Complete and sign all required medical/nursing documents. Maintain medication control procedures as outlined in the CRF policy and procedures manual.
What you need to do this job:
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in a related field
- Current California Registered Nurse (RN) nursing license required and must be maintained throughout employment
- First Aid/CPR certification is required and must be kept current during employment
- Minimum 6 months of experience working with adults with ID/DD and co-occurring behavioral challenges
- Must be able to pass criminal/background clearance
Benefits: CRF provides benefits to help you balance your work life and your personal life. For part-time staff (fewer than 24 hours), we offer...
- Employee Assistance Plan for you and your family
- Employee discount program, including pet insurance plans
- Paid training and supervision hours are available
- Opportunities for advancement and growth
- We also provide access to student loan repayment/forgiveness programs for graduates
All new hires are required to show proof of completed vaccination and booster before their first date of work, unless legally exempted.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer