Back to Category List
Substance Abuse Specialist (5916) (Regular Full-Time, Hourly)
Program/Location: Crossroads (El Cajon)
Substance Abuse Specialist – Mental Health Services for Children, Youth and Family Program
Hours: 40 hours per week. Clinic hours are Monday, Thursday, Friday, 9:00 am - 5:00 pm; Tuesday, 10:00 am - 6:00 pm; and Wednesday, 12:00 pm - 8:00 pm.
CRF inspires and mentors the next generation of mental health professionals!
We are constantly evolving and developing fresh approaches to meet the needs of San Diego County’s residents who are experiencing mental/behavioral health challenges. We offer a diverse, inclusive workplace that fosters personal growth and development. You will work within a collaborative, supportive team structure, learn new ways to provide optimal supports to your clients and help people change their lives for the better!
Located in El Cajon, CA, Crossroads Family Center is a children/youth outpatient program which provides services to the East Region of San Diego County. We provide a range of services including crisis intervention, individual, family, and group therapy, medication support, rehabilitation, case management and drug and alcohol services while incorporating the family systems and wrap-around approach. We provide mental health services to children and youth with Medi-Cal and Healthy Families Funding as well as those who are uninsured and underinsured.
Typical Duties for the Substance Abuse Specialist\
- Provides crisis intervention, case management and rehab services and provides and/or coordinates substance abuse assessment, treatment planning, and service delivery tailored to the individual needs of the clients served
- Provides interventions to clients and/or members of clients’ families in a timely and professional manner in mental health rehabilitation, case management, groups and family modalities
- Conducts collateral interviews as indicated with all identified partners, i.e., school, social services, probation and other treatment providers
- Develops and maintains client service plans that address the needs of each individual served
- Provides cross-training for the rest of the team to deal effectively with substance abuse issues and optimize collaboration and support
- Bachelor’s degree or higher required in a mental health related field required
- Must have at least 2 years of experience working with individuals who have a severe and persistent mental illness, as well as co-occurring disorders
- CADAC certification strongly preferred
- Two years of experience training in substance abuse and/or addictions and previous experience providing substance abuse services within a mental health related program
- Bilingual Spanish (read, write, speak) preferred, but not required
- Proficient computer skills, including MS Office
- A valid California driver’s license in good standing, proof of insurance, and personal vehicle are required to fulfill the essential functions of this position.
- Able to pass criminal/background clearance
Benefits: CRF provides benefits to help you balance your work life and your personal life. For full-time staff (30 hours or more), we offer...
- 19 days of PTO per year
- 12 paid holidays per year
- “Platinum +” medical plans, with minimal employee cost/expenses for you and excellent coverage
- Several dental plan options
- Vision benefits
- Company-paid life insurance and Long-Term Disability
- Tax-Free Flexible Spending for medical/dental/childcare expenses
- Generous retirement plan contributions
- Employee Assistance Plan for you and your family
- Employee discount program, including pet insurance plans
- Paid training and supervision hours are available
- Opportunities for advancement and growth
- We also provide access to student loan repayment/forgiveness programs for graduates.
All new hires are required to show proof of completed vaccination and booster before their first date of work, unless legally exempted.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer