Back to Category List
Administrative Assistant (5900) (Regular Full-Time, Hourly)
Program/Location: StepForward Central (Central San Diego)
Administrative Assistant – Mental Health Services for CalWORKs Program
Hours: 40 hours per week; Monday - Friday, 8:30 am to 4:30 pm. This position will also provide support, when needed, to all Step Forward program locations in San Diego, El Cajon, Chula Vista, Escondido and Oceanside.
Community Research Foundation (CRF) inspires and mentors the next generation of mental health professionals!
We are constantly evolving and developing fresh approaches to meet the needs of San Diego County’s residents who are experiencing mental/behavioral health challenges. We offer a diverse, inclusive workplace that fosters personal growth and development. You will work within a collaborative, supportive team structure so that you can have fresh perspective and training.
Best of all, you will be involved in helping people change their lives for the better! We have strong internal advancement options, so there are opportunities for you to grow within our company.
Located in San Diego, CA (Bankers Hill), Step Forward Central is a CalWORKs program that provides a full range of behavioral health services to assist individuals to overcome challenges and reduce barriers that may affect their ability to successfully move from welfare to work. Services are provided to adults and their families in a caring and respectful atmosphere, encouraging independence, initiative, and recovery. CalWORKs BHC provides excellent training in the Mental Health field with strong emphasis in Dialectical Behavior Therapy, Seeking Safety, and Motivational Interviewing.
Typical Duties of the Administrative Assistant
The Administrative Assistant supports the Program Director and other staff, to ensure the office operates efficiently and effectively. Performs a variety of clerical tasks in a fast-paced environment.
- Full-service clerical and reception duties including greeting visitors, answering phones and screening calls, taking messages, typing, filing, scheduling meetings, opening and distributing mail and performing data entry
- Uses Excel or other tracking system to maintain tracking sheets that support Accounting and program management
- Assists with front office management and operations as directed
- Prepares medical records
- Prioritizes tasks by overall needs of facility and deadlines, as well as advises requesting staff member of approximate time of completion regarding task requested
- Audits medical records for adherence to Medi-Cal billing requirements
- Provides administrative support to all staff by creating documents, letters, spreadsheets, reports, etc, as requested. Facilitates in ordering office supplies. maintaining fax and copy machines, and voice mail system.
- Works collaboratively with all other members of the program team
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- Two or more years of experience in customer service in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent phone etiquette, attention to detail, ability to multi-task and maintain confidentiality required
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Office to include Outlook, Word, Excel applications, as well as internet research skills required
- Previous experience in a similar mental health program serving the CYF population is desirable
- Bilingual Spanish preferred, but not required
- Reliable transportation is required to fulfill the essential functions of this position. A valid California driver’s license in good standing and proof of insurance are required for employees driving personal vehicles on company business.
- Must be able to pass criminal/background clearance
Benefits: CRF provides benefits to help you balance your work life and your personal life. For full-time staff (30 hours or more), we offer...
- 19 days of PTO per year
- 12 paid holidays per year
- “Platinum +” medical plans, with minimal employee cost/expenses for you and excellent coverage
- Several dental plan options
- Vision benefits
- Company-paid life insurance and Long-Term Disability
- Tax-Free Flexible Spending for medical/dental/childcare expenses
- Generous retirement plan contributions
- Employee Assistance Plan for you and your family
- Employee discount program, including pet insurance plans
- Paid training and supervision hours are available at estimated value of $70/hour for supervision
- Opportunities for advancement and growth
- We also provide access to student loan repayment/forgiveness programs for graduates.
All new hires are required to show proof of completed vaccination and booster before their first date of work, unless legally exempted.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer