Back to Category List
Representative Payee (5773) (Regular Full-Time, Hourly)
Program/Location: Senior IMPACT (Downtown San Diego)
Representative Payee – Mental Health Services for Assertive Community Treatment Program
Hours: 40 hours per week; Monday - Friday, 8:30 to 4:30 pm.
Pay Rate: $21.50 to $22.50 per hour
CRF inspires and mentors the next generation of mental health professionals!
We are constantly evolving and developing fresh approaches to meet the needs of San Diego County’s residents who are experiencing mental/behavioral health challenges. We offer a diverse, inclusive work place that fosters personal growth and development. You will work within a collaborative, supportive team structure, learn new ways to provide optimal supports to your clients and help people change their lives for the better!
Located in downtown San Diego, the Senior Intensive Mobile Psychosocial Assertive Community Treatment (Senior IMPACT) program provides intensive, community-based case management services for homeless senior adults throughout San Diego County. We deliver fully-integrated services to clients diagnosed with a serious mental illness, as well as individuals with co-occurring, mental health, and substance disorders.
Our program utilizes the evidence-based practice of Assertive Community Treatment (ACT) to support our clients in the higher level of community care and to assist them in reaching their goals and living a life that is not dominated by mental illness. Our team is a model of care, providing treatment, rehabilitation, and case management supports.
Typical Duties of the Representative Payee
- Provide bookkeeping/accounting support to the trust account(s) established for clients for whom CRF is representative payee
- Meet with clients to review their personal accounts and expenditures and create budget sheet
- Prepares and distributes reports on all accounts; maintains and records all deposits and disbursements related to the trust account(s)
- Maintains files of all cash disbursements to clients; secures authorized signatures for requested checks
- Process payments for invoices including but not limited to rent, bus passes, and one-time payments
- Maintains databases, such as QuickBooks
- Secure authorized signatures for requested checks
- Assistance with company vehicle maintenance
- High school diploma/GED required
- Two years of experience in customer service in a fast paced environment preferably in mental health care patient administration environment
- Experience with QuickBooks is required
- Previous experience in a similar mental health program or medical office serving the population is desirable
- Excellent phone etiquette, attention to detail, ability to multi-task and maintain confidentiality required
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Office to include Outlook, Word, Excel applications
- A valid California driver's license in good standing and eligibility to be an approved CRF driver is required to fulfill the essential functions of this position. In addition, proof of insurance is required prior to driving personal vehicles on company business.
- Must be able to pass criminal/background clearance
Benefits: CRF provides benefits to help you balance your work life and your personal life. For full-time staff (30 hours or more), we offer...
- 19 days of PTO per year
- 12 paid holidays per year
- “Platinum +” medical plans, with minimal employee cost/expenses for you and excellent coverage
- Several dental plan options
- Vision benefits
- Company-paid life insurance and Long-Term Disability
- Tax-Free Flexible Spending for medical/dental/childcare expenses
- Generous retirement plan contributions
- Employee Assistance Plan for you and your family
- Employee discount program, including pet insurance plans
- Paid training and supervision hours are available
- Opportunities for advancement and growth
- We also provide access to student loan repayment/forgiveness programs for graduates.
All new hires are required to show proof of completed vaccination and booster before their first date of work, unless legally exempted.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer