Back to Category List
Medical Records Specialist (5752) (Regular Part-Time, Hourly)
Program/Location: Douglas Young Clinic (North Central San Diego)
Medical Records Specialist – Mental Health Services for Adult Outpatient Program
Hours: 24 hours per week
Pay Rate: $17.00 to $19.42
CRF inspires and mentors the next generation of mental health professionals!
We are constantly evolving and developing fresh approaches to meet the needs of San Diego County’s residents who are experiencing mental/behavioral health challenges. We offer a diverse, inclusive work place that fosters personal growth and development. You will work within a collaborative, supportive team structure, learn new ways to provide optimal supports to your clients and help people change their lives for the better!
Located in San Diego, CA, the Douglas Young Wellness and Recovery Center is an adult outpatient program which provides a variety of intervention services to individuals in crisis. We serve individuals with serious mental illness and co-occurring substance abuse disorders. This program is located in the Mira Mesa area of San Diego County.
Our services include initial psychosocial assessments, psychiatric and medication evaluations, ongoing medication support services, limited individual and group counseling, supported housing, care coordination, case management, and linking clients with additional community-based supports.
Typical Duties of the Medical Records Specialist
The Medical Records Specialist maintains all client medical records, ensures files are complete and accurate, as well as providing administrative support to the program office team
- Reviews and reconciles client medical records for accuracy; tracks corrections to be made by therapists and communicates with the Program Director
- Provides reconciliation of billing records with progress notes
- Maintains all medical records and filing systems; provides record copies to staff upon request, and processes release of medical information pertaining to clients
- Provides billing, coding, and reporting all aspects of the client’s medical record
- Audits and submits claims, determines eligibility, daily data entry; reporting, tracking, and reconciling accounts receivable
- Assists the doctor with scheduling appointments and follow-up reminder calls to families
- Assists with front office clerical support as needed and works collaboratively with the program team
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- Two years’ experience in customer service in a fast-paced environment, preferably in mental health care patient administration environment, or an equivalent combination of education and relevant experience
- At least 6 months of experience working with medical records of clients, patients, residents or inmates in a mental health program/clinic, skilled nursing facility, acute care hospital, or correctional/detention facility within the last 2 years
- Excellent phone etiquette, attention to detail, ability to multi-task and maintain confidentiality required
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Office to include Outlook, Word, Excel applications
- Working knowledge of medical terminology used in mental health programs required, as well as terms, concepts, and principles of privacy and confidentiality
- Previous experience in a similar mental health program is desirable
- Must be able to pass criminal/background clearance
Benefits: CRF provides benefits to help you balance your work life and your personal life. For full-time staff (30 hours or more), we offer...
- 19 days of PTO per year
- 12 paid holidays per year
- “Platinum +” medical plans, with minimal employee cost/expenses for you and excellent coverage
- Several dental plan options
- Vision benefits
- Company-paid life insurance and Long-Term Disability
- Tax-Free Flexible Spending for medical/dental/childcare expenses
- Generous retirement plan contributions
- Employee Assistance Plan for you and your family
- Employee discount program, including pet insurance plans
- Paid training and supervision hours are available
- Opportunities for advancement and growth
- We also provide access to student loan repayment/forgiveness programs for graduates.
All new hires are required to show proof of completed vaccination and booster before their first date of work, unless legally exempted.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer