Back to Category List
Substance Abuse Specialist (5746) (Regular Part-Time, Hourly)
Program/Location: Mobile Adolescent Services Team (Central San Diego)
Substance Abuse Specialist – Mental Health Services for Children, Youth and Family Program
Hours: 10 hours per week; schedule to be determined based on program needs.
CRF inspires and mentors the next generation of mental health professionals!
We are constantly evolving and developing fresh approaches to meet the needs of San Diego County’s residents who are experiencing mental/behavioral health challenges. We offer a diverse, inclusive work place that fosters personal growth and development. You will work within a collaborative, supportive team structure, learn new ways to provide optimal supports to your clients and help people change their lives for the better!
Located in San Diego, CA, the Mobile Adolescent Services Team (MAST) is a mobile, school-based program that services children and families in their school, home, and community. MAST services the Juvenile Court and Community Schools, including children who have been expelled or who are on probation, as well as the Monarch School for homeless youth. MAST also serves five San Diego Unified schools, including high schools and elementary schools.
Typical Duties of the Substance Abuse Specialist
The Substance Abuse Specialist assists clients and families in using medical care, education, and family resources. Services are provided in English and several threshold languages.
- Provides crisis intervention, case management and rehab services and provides and/or coordinates substance abuse assessment, treatment planning, and service delivery tailored to the individual needs of the clients served
- Provides interventions to clients and/or members of clients’ families in a timely and professional manner in mental health rehabilitation, case management, groups and family modalities
- Conducts collateral interviews as indicated with all identified partners, i.e., school, social services, probation and other treatment providers
- Develops and maintains client service plans that address the needs of each individual served
- Provides cross-training for the rest of the team to deal effectively with substance abuse issues and optimize collaboration and support
- Bachelor’s degree or higher required
- CADAC certification strongly preferred
- At least 2 years of experience with working with individuals who have a severe and persistent mental illness, as well as co-occurring disorders
- Two years’ experience training in substance abuse and/or addictions and previous experience providing substance abuse services within a mental health rehabilitation program
- Proficient computer skills, including MS Office
- Bilingual Spanish (read, write, speak) preferred, but not required
- A valid California driver’s license in good standing, proof of insurance, and personal vehicle are required to fulfill the essential functions of this position.
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced and collaborative environment
- Able to pass criminal/background clearance
Benefits: CRF provides benefits to help you balance your work life and your personal life. For full-time staff (30 hours or more), we offer...
- 19 days of PTO per year
- 12 paid holidays per year
- “Platinum +” medical plans, with minimal employee cost/expenses for you and excellent coverage
- Several dental plan options
- Vision benefits
- Company-paid life insurance and Long-Term Disability
- Tax-Free Flexible Spending for medical/dental/childcare expenses
- Generous retirement plan contributions
- Employee Assistance Plan for you and your family
- Employee discount program, including pet insurance plans
- Paid training and supervision hours are available
- Opportunities for advancement and growth
- We also provide access to student loan repayment/forgiveness programs for graduates.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer