Back to Category List
Direct Support Professional (5647) (Regular Part-Time, Hourly)
Program/Location: Sunny Views
CRF inspires and mentors the next generation of mental health professionals!
We are constantly evolving and developing fresh approaches to meet the needs of San Diego County’s residents who are experiencing mental/behavioral health challenges. We offer a diverse, inclusive work place that fosters personal growth and development. You will work within a collaborative, supportive team structure, learn new ways to provide optimal supports to your clients and help people change their lives for the better!
Job Position: Direct Support Professional
Company: Community Research Foundation
Location: Escondido, CA
Hours: 16 hours per week
Pay Rate: $27.79 per hour
NEW PROGRAM SERVING I/DD ADULTS OPENING IN ESCONDIDO!
This program is the first of its kind in San Diego, California. We support adults with co-occurring mental health and developmental disabilities in a residential home, who come from a variety of backgrounds and levels of skill. We provide services to adults who have unique needs and do not “fit in a box.” Our goal is to create a diverse team by combining behavioral and mental health strategies to compassionately help clients learn to tolerate their stressors and to be successful in their future.
What you will love about this job:
- We are at one location, no extra driving
- Get your direct hours and supervision from a team of BCBAs and Mental Health Specialists, who are present in the home up to 40 hours a week
- We provide excellent benefits for full-time employees (details below)
- You’ll meet and work with a variety of people and strengthen your clinical skills
- We provide pay incentives for overnight or weekend shifts
- We offer a diverse, inclusive work place that fosters and encourages personal growth and development
What you will do at this job:
- Uphold the integrity and dignity of each client while supporting their daily needs, using evidence based, trauma-informed, positive supports
- Provide Direct Care for the residents in the facility
- Teach functional and communication skills to the residents
- Assist, supervise, and train residents with activities of daily living, such as dressing, eating bathing, toileting, and completing housekeeping and laundry duties
- Assist Nurse in dispensing and documenting of residents’ medication.
- Attend weekly staff meetings and monthly in-service training sessions.
- Ensure timely, complete, accurate and professional documentation
- Observe and report to Director any unusual changes in resident behavior
What you need to do this job:
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in a related field
- Minimum two years of experience working with adults with ID/DD and co-occurring behavioral challenges
- RBT preferred; if not an RBT willingness to complete RBT within 6 months of hire
- A valid California driver’s license in good standing and eligibility to be an approved CRF driver is required to fulfill the essential functions of this position. In addition, proof of insurance is required prior to driving personal vehicles on company business.
- Must be able to pass criminal/background clearance
Benefits: CRF provides benefits to help you balance your work life and your personal life. For full-time staff (30 hours or more), we offer...
- 19 days of PTO per year
- “Platinum +” medical plans, with minimal employee cost/expenses for you and excellent coverage
- Several dental plan options
- Vision benefits
- Company-paid life insurance and Long-Term Disability
- Tax-Free Flexible Spending for medical/dental/childcare expenses
- Generous retirement plan contributions
- Employee Assistance Plan for you and your family
- Employee discount program, including pet insurance plans
- Paid training and supervision hours are available
- Opportunities for advancement and growth
- We also provide access to student loan repayment/forgiveness programs for graduates
All new hires are required to show proof of completed vaccination and booster before their first date of work, unless legally exempted.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer