Back to Category List
Peer Specialist (5649) (Regular Part-Time, Hourly)
Program/Location: Sunny Views
CRF inspires and mentors the next generation of mental health professionals!
We are constantly evolving and developing fresh approaches to meet the needs of San Diego County’s residents who are experiencing mental/behavioral health challenges. We offer a diverse, inclusive work place that fosters personal growth and development. You will work within a collaborative, supportive team structure, learn new ways to provide optimal supports to your clients and help people change their lives for the better!
Job Position: Peer Specialist
Company: Community Research Foundation
Location: Escondido, CA
Hours: 16 hours per week
Pay Rate: $21.00 per hour
NEW PROGRAM SERVING I/DD ADULTS OPENING IN ESCONDIDO!
This program is the first of its kind in San Diego, California. We support adults with co-occurring mental health and developmental disabilities in a residential home, who come from a variety of backgrounds and levels of skill. We provide services to adults who have unique needs and do not “fit in a box.” Our goal is to create a diverse team by combining behavioral and mental health strategies to compassionately help clients learn to tolerate their stressors and to be successful in their future.
What you will love about this job:
- We are at one location, no extra driving
- Get your direct hours and supervision from a team of BCBAs and Mental Health Specialists, who are present in the home up to 40 hours a week
- Meet and work with a variety of people and strengthen your clinical skills
- We offer a diverse, inclusive work place that fosters and encourages personal growth and development
- You will make a difference in the lives of the clients and families you serve
What you will do at this job:
- Offer engagement and support to new clients
- Offer personal experience, knowledge, and insight related to lived experience with mental illness for the benefit of clients and team members
- Co-facilitate various coping strategy and solution-oriented groups and support groups
- Collaborate to promote a team culture that respects, recognizes, and acknowledges each client’s point of view
- Provide peer counseling and consultation to clients, families, and team members
- Assist and support staff in completion of everyday tasks associated with operation of the program
- Is a first responder to intervene in crisis situations as needed and indicated at the program to ensure the safety of clients and staff
What you need to do this job:
- High school diploma or GED
- Completion of Peer Employment Training or equivalent
- Minimum one year of experience working with adults with ID/DD and co-occurring behavioral challenges
- Experience as an individual who has utilized services in the behavioral health system or as a family member of someone who accessed behavioral health services required
- A valid California driver’s license in good standing and eligibility to be an approved CRF driver is required to fulfill the essential functions of this position. In addition, proof of insurance is required prior to driving personal vehicles on company business.
- Must be able to pass criminal/background clearance
Benefits: CRF provides benefits to help you balance your work life and your personal life. For part-time staff (fewer than 24 hours), we offer...
- Employee Assistance Plan for you and your family
- Employee discount program, including pet insurance plans
- Paid training and supervision hours are available
- Opportunities for advancement and growth
- We also provide access to student loan repayment/forgiveness programs for graduates
All new hires are required to show proof of completed vaccination and booster before their first date of work, unless legally exempted.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer