Back to Category List
Interpreter - Spanish (5637) (Regular Part-Time, Hourly)
Program/Location: Maria Sardinas (San Ysidro)
Interpreter - Spanish – Mental Health Services for Adult Outpatient Program
Hours: 20 hours per week. Clinic hours are Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday 9:00 am - 5:00 pm; Wednesday, 11:00 am to 7:00 pm.
CRF inspires and mentors the next generation of mental health professionals!
We are constantly evolving and developing fresh approaches to meet the needs of San Diego County’s residents who are experiencing mental/behavioral health challenges. We offer a diverse, inclusive work place that fosters personal growth and development. You will work within a collaborative, supportive team structure, learn new ways to provide optimal supports to your clients and help people change their lives for the better!
Located in south San Diego, CA, the Maria Sardinas Wellness & Recovery Center provides a variety of intervention services to individuals in crisis. We serve individuals with serious mental illness and co-occurring substance abuse disorders. Our services include initial psychosocial assessments, psychiatric and medication evaluations, ongoing medication support services, limited individual and group counseling, supported housing, care coordination, case management, and linking clients with additional community-based supports.
Our services include initial psychosocial assessments, psychiatric and medication evaluations, ongoing medication support services, limited individual and group counseling, supported housing, care coordination, case management, and linking clients with additional community-based supports.
Typical Duties of the Interpreter
- The Interpreter supports the program staff and clients by providing interpreting services for clients
- Interprets and translates clinical information for the program staff and clients
- Provides interpretation during triage, assessments, group therapy, individual therapy, nursing, psychiatry appointments, and during telephone calls
- Assists with translation of medical records and clinical documents
- Provides general clerical/reception supports to the program as needed
- Works collaboratively with all other members of the program team
- Bilingual Spanish is required for this position; must be able to demonstrate fluency in writing, speaking, and reading of the Spanish language
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- One year experience as a translator or interpreter.
- Excellent phone etiquette, attention to detail, ability to multi-task and maintain confidentiality required
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Office to include Outlook, Word, Excel applications, as well as internet research skills required
- Previous experience in a similar mental health program serving the population is desirable
- Must be able to pass criminal/background clearance
Benefits: CRF provides benefits to help you balance your work life and your personal life. For full-time staff (30 hours or more), we offer...
- 19 days of PTO per year
- 12 paid holidays per year
- “Platinum +” medical plans, with minimal employee cost/expenses for you and excellent coverage
- Several dental plan options
- Vision benefits
- Company-paid life insurance and Long-Term Disability
- Tax-Free Flexible Spending for medical/dental/childcare expenses
- Generous retirement plan contributions
- Employee Assistance Plan for you and your family
- Employee discount program, including pet insurance plans
- Paid training and supervision hours are available
- Opportunities for advancement and growth
- We also provide access to student loan repayment/forgiveness programs for graduates.
All new hires are required to show proof of completed vaccination and booster before their first date of work, unless legally exempted.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer