Back to Category List
Housing Coordinator (5562) (Regular Full-Time, Hourly)
Program/Location: Central Office (Mission Bay Park)
Housing Coordinator - Sponsored Based Subsidies (SBS) – Central Office Operations
Hours: 40 hours per week; Monday to Friday, 9:00 am to 5:00 pm.
Pay Rate: $23.50 per hour
CRF inspires and mentors the next generation of mental health professionals!
We are constantly evolving and developing fresh approaches to meet the needs of San Diego County’s residents who are experiencing mental/behavioral health challenges. We offer a diverse, inclusive work place that fosters personal growth and development. You will work within a collaborative, supportive team structure, learn new ways to provide optimal supports to your clients and help people change their lives for the better!
Located at our Central office in the Mission Bay/Linda Vista area, our Housing Department provides property management services and support to the Assertive Community Treatment (ACT) programs. These programs provide intensive, community-based housing and case management services for homeless and at-risk homeless adult and older adults throughout San Diego County.
Typical Duties of the Housing Coordinator - SBS
This position provides support to the Housing Department and will be responsible for supporting the IMPACT and Senior IMPACT program's administration of the Sponsor-Based Subsidy Section 8 Voucher program.
- Assist with gathering required SBS program documentation from clients and landlords.
- Work with landlords to complete Housing Assistance Payment (HAP) documentation, lease agreements, W-9 forms and coordinate with the accounting department for payment disbursement
- Assist in the marketing of housing program services, location of Section 8 apartments in the community for the SBS program use, and landlord problem-solving
- Report housing concerns and complaints received from clients, staff, and landlords to the Director of Housing
- Assist with back-up field assignments and other projects, as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or related field with 2 years of property management experience, which includes working with Section 8 tenants and properties; or with 3 years of direct-client behavior health experience
- Knowledge of landlord/tenant law and Section 8 rules is desirable
- Strong customer service and phone etiquette; ability to develop rapport and interface with clients and family members is integral to this position
- Ability to multi-task and manage several projects at once; strong organization and time management skills are critical
- Proficiency with MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook) and ability to conduct research on the Internet required
- A valid California driver’s license in good standing and eligibility to be an approved CRF driver is required to fulfill the essential functions of this position. In addition, proof of insurance is required prior to driving personal vehicles on company business.
- Must be able to pass background/criminal clearance
Benefits: CRF provides benefits to help you balance your work life and your personal life. For full-time staff (30 hours or more), we offer...
- 19 days of PTO per year
- 12 paid holidays per year
- “Platinum +” medical plans, with minimal employee cost/expenses for you and excellent coverage
- Several dental plan options
- Vision benefits
- Company-paid life insurance and Long-Term Disability
- Tax-Free Flexible Spending for medical/dental/childcare expenses
- Generous retirement plan contributions
- Employee Assistance Plan for you and your family
- Employee discount program, including pet insurance plans
- Paid training and supervision hours are available
- Opportunities for advancement and growth
- We also provide access to student loan repayment/forgiveness programs for graduates.
All new hires are required to show proof of completed vaccination and booster before their first date of work, unless legally exempted.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer