Back to Category List
Clinical Supervisor (5539) (Temporary, Part-time, Hourly)
Program/Location: Douglas Young Youth & Family Services (Kearny Mesa)
Temporary Clinical Supervisor - Child, Youth and Family (CYF) – Mental Health Services for Children, Youth and Family Program
Hours: 24 - 29 hours per week with Tuesday and Thursday, 9:00 am to 5:00 pm required. Flexible hours throughout the week, including a remote/telehealth work option. The duration of this temporary position is until the end of September depending on program needs. (updated 6/14/22)
Pay Rate: $43.00 per hour
CRF inspires and mentors the next generation of mental health professionals!
We are constantly evolving and developing fresh approaches to meet the needs of San Diego County’s residents who are experiencing mental/behavioral health challenges. We offer a diverse, inclusive work place that fosters personal growth and development. You will work within a collaborative, supportive team structure, learn new ways to provide optimal supports to your clients and help people change their lives for the better!
Located in San Diego, CA, Douglas Young Youth and Family Services is a children/youth outpatient program which provides services to the Central/North Central regions of San Diego County. We provide a range of services including crisis intervention, individual, family, and group therapy, medication support, rehabilitation, case management and drug and alcohol services while incorporating the family systems and wrap-around approach. We provide mental health services to children and youth with Medi-Cal and Healthy Families Funding as well as those who are uninsured and underinsured.
Services are provided in English and several threshold languages, using medical care, education, and family resources as appropriate.
Typical Duties of the Clinical Supervisor
- Supervises clinical staff and interns in accordance with regulatory board requirements. Provides individual clinical supervision on sit or via telephone
- Participates in clinical staff meetings to offer group clinical supervision and consultation
- Completes assessment documentation as needed to meet educational contract requirements
- Ensures that clinical associates perform within the limits of their experience and training
- Keeps current and knowledgeable on professional licensing law changes affecting any discipline under his/her supervision. Disseminate information regarding legal and ethical issues
- Meets with and consults with Director or designee regularly. Provides assistance and guidance to the Program Director and staff as needed on clinical issues and service delivery
- Develops internship training program that includes facilitating training seminars, group and any assigned evidence-based practices supervision, and consultation during multi-disciplinary team meetings
- Provides clinical trainings for CRF as authorized by the Training Committee or Executive Team
Required Skills and Qualifications
- A Master’s degree or higher in a mental health-related field
- Licensed with the California Board of Behavioral (BBS) - LPCC preferred but will accept LMFT and LCSW; minimum of 2+ years licensed in CA
- Minimum of 2 years of experience working with children and adolescents in a public mental health setting
- Previous experience providing clinical supervision to staff
- Demonstrated knowledge of County Health and Human Services requirements including documentation is preferred
- Proficiency with the Cerner Electronic Health Record (EHR) is preferred
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment is essential
- Reliable transportation is required to fulfill the essential functions of this position. A valid California driver’s license in good standing and proof of insurance are required for employees driving personal vehicles on company business.
- Ability to pass criminal/background clearance
Benefits: CRF provides benefits to help you balance your work life and your personal life. For full-time staff (30 hours or more), we offer...
- 19 days of PTO per year
- 12 paid holidays per year
- “Platinum +” medical plans, with minimal employee cost/expenses for you and excellent coverage
- Several dental plan options
- Vision benefits
- Company-paid life insurance and Long-Term Disability
- Tax-Free Flexible Spending for medical/dental/childcare expenses
- Generous retirement plan contributions
- Employee Assistance Plan for you and your family
- Employee discount program, including pet insurance plans
- Paid training and supervision hours are available
- Opportunities for advancement and growth
- We also provide access to student loan repayment/forgiveness programs for graduates.
All new hires are required to show proof of completed vaccination and booster before their first date of work, unless legally exempted.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer