Back to Category List
Triage Coordinator (5505) (Regular Part-Time, Hourly)
Program/Location: Heartland (El Cajon)
Triage Coordinator - Mental Health Services for Adult Outpatient Program
Hours: 20 hours per week, Monday - Friday
Pay Rate: $29.00 - $31.00 per hour
CRF inspires and mentors the next generation of mental health professionals!
We are constantly evolving and developing fresh approaches to meet the needs of San Diego County’s residents who are experiencing mental/behavioral health challenges. We offer a diverse, inclusive work place that fosters personal growth and development.
You will work within a collaborative, supportive team structure, learn new ways to provide optimal supports to your clients and help people change their lives for the better!
Located in El Cajon, CA, Heartland Wellness and Recovery Center is an adult outpatient program that provides a variety of intervention services to individuals in crisis. We serve individuals with serious mental illness and co-occurring substance abuse disorders.
Our services include initial psychosocial assessments, psychiatric and medication evaluations, ongoing medication support services, limited individual and group counseling, supported housing, care coordination, case management, and linking clients with additional community-based supports.
- Responsible for initial screening and triage for urgent walk-in clients. Determines service eligibility and assesses for safety concerns.
- Coordinate and liaison with the psychiatric staff on an on-going basis as the need arises.
- Helps to maintain internal tracking systems for walk-ins and referrals from other programs.
- Provides crisis interventions to ensure safety of clients.
- May determine diagnosis and/or a change in diagnosis from current diagnosis utilizing the DSM-V
- Assists the client in developing culturally appropriate client directed crisis plan as needed.
- Assists clients in discharge planning as needed in order for clients to access on-going medical care, community based resources and other support services.
- Depending upon needs of the business and clients, may be expected to provide telehealth services
- Documents all services provided and maintains documentation in adherence to County guidelines.
- Participates in weekly Treatment Team meetings and staff meetings.
- Develops and maintains professional working relationships with community health, welfare, and social agencies.
Qualifications / Skills Required
- Master's degree in a mental health related field such as Psychology, Social Work, or Counseling required
- Registered or licensed-eligible with the Board of Behavioral Sciences (BBS)
- Strong clinical skills and two years of experience working with serious and persistent mental illness and co-occurring substance use disorders
- Experience working with a walk-in model based program.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, collaborative work environment, and have a can-do attitude
- Proficiency in MS Office applications, specifically Word and Excel; knowledge and experience in County Health and Human Services documentation requirements strongly preferred
- Able to pass criminal/background clearance
Benefits: CRF provides benefits to help you balance your work life and your personal life. For full-time staff (30 hours or more), we offer...
- 19 days of PTO per year
- 11 paid holidays per year
- “Platinum +” medical plans, with minimal employee cost/expenses for you and excellent coverage
- Several dental plan options
- Vision benefits
- Company-paid life insurance and Long-Term Disability
- Tax-Free Flexible Spending for medical/dental/childcare expenses
- Generous retirement plan contributions
- Employee Assistance Plan for you and your family
- Employee discount program, including pet insurance plans
- Paid training and supervision hours are available
- Opportunities for advancement and growth
- We also provide access to student loan repayment/forgiveness programs for graduates.
All new hires are required to show proof of completed vaccination and booster before their first date of work, unless legally exempted.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer