Back to Category List
Mobile Assessment Coordinator, Bilingual (5482) (Regular Full-Time, Hourly)
Program/Location: StepForward South (Chula Vista)
Mobile Assessment Coordinator (Bilingual Spanish) – Mental Health Services for CalWORKs Program
Hours: 40 hours per week, Monday - Friday, 8:00 am to 4:00 pm.
CRF inspires and mentors the next generation of mental health professionals!
We are constantly evolving and developing fresh approaches to meet the needs of San Diego County’s residents who are experiencing mental/behavioral health challenges. We offer a diverse, inclusive work place that fosters personal growth and development.
You will work within a collaborative, supportive team structure, learn new ways to provide optimal supports to your clients and help people change their lives for the better!
Step Forward programs at Community Research Foundation (CRF) are all about helping adults gain recovery and self-sufficiency by addressing underlying barriers to employment, housing, and healthy relationships. Our counselors guide participants who struggle with mental health issues, substance use problems, domestic violence and trauma, parenting challenges, and employment readiness.
Located in Chula Vista, CA, Step Forward South provides a full range of behavioral health services for CalWORKs/Welfare-to-Work participants and their families. We work on reducing barriers toward employment, and we help parents and guardians to become self-sufficient and thrive. Services are provided for adults and their families in a caring and respectful atmosphere, encouraging independence, initiative, and recovery.
Step Forward provides excellent training in the Mental Health field with strong emphasis in Dialectical Behavior Therapy, Seeking Safety, and Motivational Interviewing.
Typical Duties of the Mobile Assessment Coordinator
- Provides orientations for new WTW participants, trains Case Managers, conducts screenings and provides referrals for social service needs.
- May work off-site at a Welfare-to-Work office.
- Works closely with collaborative partners and other providers in the region to facilitate access to program service, other social services needed for WTW clients.
- Assists clients in developing service plan goals and prioritizing needs and steps to reach the established goals.
- Participates in weekly Care Coordination meetings
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in mental health-related field
- Minimum of 2 years of experience assisting hard-to-place populations, including severe mentally illness, severe emotional disorder, and Welfare-to-Work clients
- Bilingual Spanish is required for this position (read, write, and speak fluently)
- Intermediate computer skills in Microsoft Office, including Outlook, Word, and Excel.
- Reliable transportation is required to fulfill the essential functions of this position. A valid California driver’s license in good standing and proof of insurance are required for employees driving personal vehicles on company business.
- Able to pass criminal/background clearance
Benefits: CRF provides benefits to help you balance your work life and your personal life. For full-time staff (30 hours or more), we offer...
- 19 days of PTO per year
- 11 paid holidays per year
- “Platinum +” medical plans, with minimal employee cost/expenses for you and excellent coverage
- Several dental plan options
- Vision benefits
- Company-paid life insurance and Long-Term Disability
- Tax-Free Flexible Spending for medical/dental/childcare expenses
- Generous retirement plan contributions
- Employee Assistance Plan for you and your family
- Employee discount program, including pet insurance plans
- Paid training and supervision hours are available
- Opportunities for advancement and growth
- We also provide access to student loan repayment/forgiveness programs for graduates.
All new hires are required to show proof of completed vaccination and booster before their first date of work, unless legally exempted.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer