Back to Category List
Case Manager / Employment Specialist, Bilingual (5460) (Regular Full-Time, Hourly)
Program/Location: StepForward North Inland (Escondido)
Case Manager / Employment Specialist (Bilingual Spanish) – Mental Health Services for CalWORKs Program
Hours: 40 hours per week; Monday - Friday, 8:30 am to 4:30 pm. This is a hybrid position that combines elements of both Case Management and Employment Specialist duties.
Please note the bilingual requirement for this position.
CRF inspires and mentors the next generation of mental health professionals!
We are constantly evolving and developing fresh approaches to meet the needs of San Diego County’s residents who are experiencing mental/behavioral health challenges. We offer a diverse, inclusive work place that fosters personal growth and development.
You will work within a collaborative, supportive team structure, learn new ways to provide optimal supports to your clients and help people change their lives for the better!
Located in Escondido, CA, Step Forward North Inland is a CalWORKs program that provides a full range of behavioral health services to assist individuals to overcome challenges and reduce barriers that may affect their ability to successfully move from welfare to work. Services are provided to adults and their families in a caring and respectful atmosphere, encouraging independence, initiative, and recovery. CalWORKs BHC provides excellent training in the Mental Health field with strong emphasis in Dialectical Behavior Therapy, Seeking Safety, and Motivational Interviewing.
Typical Duties of the Case Manager / Employment Specialist:
This is a hybrid position that combines elements of both Case Management and Employment Specialist duties.
- Conducts needs assessments of new/returning clients; performs collateral interviews.
- Assist clients and families with SSI applications, obtaining housing, child care, medical/dental appointments, and completing any other forms and applications as needed
- Assist clients with transportation, including how to use public transportation, learning routes, or providing rides.
- Provide individual and group psychosocial services and activities for clients and/or members of client’s family.
- Conducts employment assessments and assists clients in linkage to school, volunteering, or employment opportunities.
- Works with various businesses and agencies in the community to build relationships for the purpose of job development; helps clients build employer contacts.
- Attends community meetings related to vocational services
- Assists clients with developing educational, employment or vocational goals; continually monitor progress towards goals and supports client’s efforts toward self-sufficiency.
- Leads clients in employment readiness and employment support groups.
- Ensures services are in compliance with Work First philosophy.
- Develops relationships with Social Security Administration, Department of Rehabilitation, Employment Development Department, and other related resources for job development.
- Educates team members on vocational services so that they may increase the quality of services to clients.
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in mental health related field preferred but combination of experience, skills, and education will be considered in lieu of education.
- Minimum two years’ experience assisting hard-to-serve populations such as severe mental illness, severe emotional disorder, substance use disorder, and Welfare-to-Work clients.
- Bilingual Spanish - ability to read, write, and speak fluently in Spanish is required
- Experience working with people from the Latino community and other cultural / multi-cultural backgrounds is strongly preferred.
- Intermediate computer skills in Microsoft Office, including Outlook, Word, and Excel.
- A valid California driver’s license in good standing and eligibility to be an approved CRF driver is required to fulfill the essential functions of this position. In addition, proof of insurance is required prior to driving personal vehicles on company business.
- Ability to pass criminal/background clearance
Benefits: CRF provides benefits to help you balance your work life and your personal life. For full-time staff (30 hours or more), we offer...
- 19 days of PTO per year
- 11 paid holidays per year
- “Platinum +” medical plans, with minimal employee cost/expenses for you and excellent coverage
- Several dental plan options
- Vision benefits
- Company-paid life insurance and Long-Term Disability
- Tax-Free Flexible Spending for medical/dental/childcare expenses
- Generous retirement plan contributions
- Employee Assistance Plan for you and your family
- Employee discount program, including pet insurance plans
- Paid training and supervision hours are available
- Opportunities for advancement and growth
- We also provide access to student loan repayment/forgiveness programs for graduates.
All new hires are required to show proof of completed vaccination and booster before their first date of work, unless legally exempted.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer
Internal Job Title: Case Manager