Back to Category List
Mental Health Counselor (5435) (Regular Full-Time, Hourly)
Program/Location: South Bay Guidance Ctr (Chula Vista)
Mental Health Counselor - (Transitioned Aged Youth) – Mental Health Services for Adult Outpatient Program
Hours: 40 hours per week, Monday - Friday.
CRF inspires and mentors the next generation of mental health professionals!
We are constantly evolving and developing fresh approaches to meet the needs of San Diego County’s residents who are experiencing mental/behavioral health challenges. We offer a diverse, inclusive work place that fosters personal growth and development.
You will work within a collaborative, supportive team structure, learn new ways to provide optimal supports to your clients and help people change their lives for the better!
Located in Chula Vista, CA (just 15 minutes south of Balboa Park), South Bay Guidance Center is an adult outpatient program which provides a variety of intervention services to individuals in crisis. We serve individuals with serious mental illness and co-occurring substance abuse disorders.
Our services include initial psychosocial assessments, psychiatric and medication evaluations, ongoing medication support services, limited individual and group counseling, supported housing, care coordination, case management, and linking clients with additional community-based supports.
Typical Duties for the Mental Health Counselor - TAY (Transitioned Aged Youth)
The TAY Mental Health Counselor provides psychosocial rehabilitation interventions and services to clients between the ages of 18 and 24. This position is required to go into the field to provide services when needed.
- Works with a multi-disciplinary team who provide outreach, engagement, case management, crisis intervention, and mental health services to clients in an outpatient clinic setting
- Conducts evaluations, screenings, assessments, crisis interventions, and case management
- Participates in the clinical delivery of the team's psychosocial rehabilitation services, including developing individual service plans and coordinating community resources to maximize optimal health outcomes
- Leads daily organizational treatment team meetings
- Master's degree in a mental health related field such as Psychology, Social Work, or Counseling required
- Registered or licensed-eligible with the Board of Behavioral Sciences (BBS)
- Strong clinical skills and two years of experience working with serious and persistent mental illness and co-occurring substance use disorders
- Experience with Cerner preferred
- Bilingual Spanish preferred, but not required
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, collaborative work environment, and have a can-do attitude
- Proficient computer skills, including MS Office
- Able to pass criminal/background clearance
Benefits: CRF provides benefits to help you balance your work life and your personal life. For full-time staff (30 hours or more), we offer...
- 19 days of PTO per year
- 11 paid holidays per year
- “Platinum +” medical plans, with minimal employee cost/expenses for you and excellent coverage
- Several dental plan options
- Vision benefits
- Company-paid life insurance and Long-Term Disability
- Tax-Free Flexible Spending for medical/dental/childcare expenses
- Generous retirement plan contributions
- Employee Assistance Plan for you and your family
- Employee discount program, including pet insurance plans
- Paid training and supervision hours are available
- Opportunities for advancement and growth
- We also provide access to student loan repayment/forgiveness programs for graduates.
All new hires are required to show proof of completed vaccination and booster before their first date of work, unless legally exempted.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer
Internal Job Title: PSR Specialist