Back to Category List
Discharge Planner (5418) (Regular Full-Time, Hourly)
Program/Location: New Vistas (Downtown SD)
Discharge Planner – Mental Health Services for Short-Term Acute Residential Treatment (START) Program
Hours: 40 hours per week; Monday - Friday, 8:00 am to 4:00 pm.
Pay Rate: $26.25 per hour
CRF inspires and mentors the next generation of mental health professionals!
We are constantly evolving and developing fresh approaches to meet the needs of San Diego County’s residents who are experiencing mental/behavioral health challenges. We offer a diverse, inclusive work place that fosters personal growth and development.
You will work within a collaborative, supportive team structure, learn new ways to provide optimal supports to your clients and help people change their lives for the better!
Located in San Diego, CA, the New Vista Crisis Center is a Short Term Acute Residential Treatment (START) program that provides intensive, community-based crisis residential services for adults throughout south San Diego County. We deliver a unique alternative to psychiatric hospitalization to clients who are suffering a psychiatric crisis of such magnitude so as not to be manageable on an outpatient basis. Our services are provided in a home-like environment that specializes in the psychosocial rehabilitation of each individual.
Built around a bio-psychosocial approach, our multi-disciplinary team addresses each aspect of a client’s unique situation, including mental health, co-occurring substance abuse, housing, medical/medication needs, and establishing connections to social service supports within the community to facilitate successful transition beyond the START program.
Typical Duties of Discharge Planner
- Assess discharge needs of each person served and coordinates discharge planning activities to ensure continuing care supports are in place as needed
- Collaborates with the treatment team to meet discharge goals
- May assist with initial screening and sign in process to the program as well as provide crisis intervention, discharge planning groups and outreach activities to residents at the program
- Represent the program/CRF within the community by developing linkages and relationships with other services providers
- Educate clients regarding supports and resources available
- Driving client's in the community to assist with appointments, interviews, and connection to resources
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree in Psychology, Social Work, or Counseling is required
- First Aid/CPR certification required and must be current throughout employment
- Preferred: Extensive knowledge of San Diego resources for individuals with mental illness, substance use issues, and homelessness
- Minimum of one year of experience providing related services is ideal, but not required
- Ability to maintain calm demeanor in crisis situations is essential
- Proficiency in MS Office applications, specifically Word and Excel
- A valid California driver's license in good standing and eligibility to be an approved CRF driver is required to fulfill the essential functions of this position. In addition, proof of insurance is required prior to driving personal vehicles on company business.
- Must be able to pass criminal/background clearance
Benefits: CRF provides benefits to help you balance your work life and your personal life. For full-time staff (30 hours or more), we offer...
- 19 days of PTO per year
- 11 paid holidays per year
- “Platinum +” medical plans, with minimal employee cost/expenses for you and excellent coverage
- Several dental plan options
- Vision benefits
- Company-paid life insurance and Long-Term Disability
- Tax-Free Flexible Spending for medical/dental/childcare expenses
- Generous retirement plan contributions
- Employee Assistance Plan for you and your family
- Employee discount program, including pet insurance plans
- Paid training and supervision hours are available
- Opportunities for advancement and growth
- We also provide access to student loan repayment/forgiveness programs for graduates.
All new hires are required to show proof of completed vaccination and booster before their first date of work, unless legally exempted.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer