Back to Category List
Case Manager / Employment Specialist (5369) (Regular Full-Time, Hourly)
Program/Location: StepForward South (Chula Vista)
Case Manager / Employment Specialist – Mental Health Services for CalWORKs Program
Hours: 40 hours per week; Monday - Friday, 8:30 am to 4:30 pm.
Community Research Foundation (CRF) inspires and mentors the next generation of mental health professionals!
Step Forward programs at Community Research Foundation (CRF) are all about helping adults gain recovery and self-sufficiency by addressing underlying barriers to employment, housing, and healthy relationships.
We provide life skill training, supports, and coaching in a positive and encouraging environment. You will work within a collaborative, supportive team structure so that you can have fresh perspective and training. Best of all, you will be involved in helping people change their lives for the better!
Located in Chula Vista, CA, Step Forward South provides a full range of behavioral health services for CalWORKs/Welfare-to-Work participants and their families. We work on reducing barriers toward employment, and we help parents and guardians to become self-sufficient and thrive. Services are provided for adults and their families in a caring and respectful atmosphere, encouraging independence, initiative, and recovery.
Typical Duties of the Case Manager / Employment Specialist
- Works closely with various providers in the region or system to facilitate access to CalWORKs services for those identified as the target population to be served.
- Conducts initial needs assessment of new clients and/or returning clients. Utilize standard online career exploration assessments.
- Assists clients and families with SSI applications, obtaining housing, finding child care, arranging medical and dental appointments, and completing any needed applications and forms.
- Assists clients with educational and vocational goals; conducts employment assessments and assists clients in linkage to school, volunteering, or employment opportunities.
- Leads clients in employment readiness and employment support groups.
- Assists the client in developing and achieving service plan/vocational goals, prioritizing areas of need, and steps needed to reach goals established, as well as identified areas of strength
- Continually monitors progress towards goals and supports client’s efforts toward self-sufficiency.
- Works with various businesses and agencies in the community to build relationships for purposes of job development; assists clients in developing employer contacts, a career plan or career advancement plan and job support systems.
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree in mental health related field
- Minimum 1 year experience or equivalent training serving hard-to-place populations
- Bilingual proficiency in Spanish preferred
- Intermediate computer skills in Microsoft Office; ability to learn new software applications
- Previous experience in a similar mental health program serving the population is desirable
- A valid California driver’s license in good standing and eligibility to be an approved CRF driver is required to fulfill the essential functions of this position. In addition, proof of insurance is required prior to driving personal vehicles on company business
- Must be able to pass criminal/background clearance
Benefits: CRF provides benefits to help you balance your work life and your personal life. For full-time staff (30 hours or more), we offer...
- 19 days of PTO per year
- 11 paid holidays per year
- “Platinum +” medical plans, with minimal employee cost/expenses for you and excellent coverage
- Several dental plan options
- Vision benefits
- Company-paid life insurance and Long-Term Disability
- Tax-Free Flexible Spending for medical/dental/childcare expenses
- Generous retirement plan contributions
- Employee Assistance Plan for you and your family
- Employee discount program, including pet insurance plans
- Paid training and supervision hours are available
- Opportunities for advancement and growth
- We also provide access to student loan repayment/forgiveness programs for graduates
All new hires are required to show proof of completed vaccination and booster before their first date of work, unless legally exempted.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer
Internal Job Title: Case Manager