Back to Category List
Jr. Accounting Specialist (5348) (Regular Full-Time, Hourly)
Program/Location: Central Office (Mission Bay Park)
Jr. Accounting Associate – Come grow with us!
FANTASTIC opportunity if you are an aspiring Accounting professional who values excellence, collaboration, providing specialized support, and finding balance by appreciating laughter and wellness in the workplace! We offer competitive pay and terrific benefits in a fun, energetic and professional environment…our Accounting Department is second to none!
Community Research Foundation is an $80 million, non-profit organization that continues to grow as a leader in providing mental health services throughout San Diego County. Located in the Mission Bay Park area, our Accounting department provides support to 34 programs and approximately 1,000 employees across San Diego County in all aspects of financial management, including budgeting, billing, AP/AR, payroll, financial analysis, and auditing.
Office Hours: 40 hours per week, Monday – Friday, 9:00 am to 5:00 pm. This is a non-exempt position.
TYPICAL DUTIES OF THE JR. ACCOUNTING ASSOCIATE
The Jr. Accounting Associate will work closely with the Accounting Supervisor and be responsible for:
- Processing and analyzing large volume accounts payable related to program operations
- Preparing month-end journal entries and accruals
- Completing ad-hoc and special projects, analyses and tasks as requested by management
- Providing excellent customer service to the Central Office and program administrative staff while working together with other members of the accounting team
- Associate’s Degree completed, or in progress, including completion of Introductory accounting course, or equivalent experience
- Minimum one year Accounts Payable or customer service experience
- Accounting software experience a plus
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities:
- Basic skills in Excel, Word, and Outlook
- Ability to reconcile numerical data
- Developing communication, analytical, and organizational skills
- Ability to pass criminal/background clearance
MUST INCLUDE A COVER LETTER WITH SALARY REQUIREMENTS TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS POSITION
Benefits: CRF provides benefits to help you balance your work life and your personal life. For full-time staff (30 hours or more), we offer...
- 19 days of PTO per year
- 11 paid holidays per year
- “Platinum +” medical plans, with minimal employee cost/expenses for you and excellent coverage
- Several dental plan options
- Vision benefits
- Company-paid life insurance and Long-Term Disability
- Tax-Free Flexible Spending for medical/dental/childcare expenses
- Generous retirement plan contributions
- Employee Assistance Plan for you and your family
- Employee discount program, including pet insurance plans
- Paid training and supervision hours are available
- Opportunities for advancement and growth
- We also provide access to student loan repayment/forgiveness programs for graduates.
All new hires are required to show proof of completed vaccination and booster shot before their first date of work, unless legally exempted.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer