Back to Category List
Lead Clinician (5327) (Regular Full-Time, Hourly)
Program/Location: Douglas Young Clinic (Mira Mesa)
Lead Clinician - (Older Adult Population) – Mental Health Services for Adult Outpatient Program
Hours: 40 hours per week; Monday - Friday.
Pay Rate: $26.00 to $28.84 per hour
Community Research Foundation (CRF) inspires and mentors the next generation of mental health professionals!
We are constantly evolving and developing fresh approaches to meet the needs of San Diego County’s residents who are experiencing mental/behavioral health challenges. We offer a diverse, inclusive work place that fosters personal growth and development. You will work within a collaborative, supportive team structure so that you can have fresh perspective and training.
Best of all, you will be involved in helping people change their lives for the better! We have strong internal advancement options, so there are opportunities for you to grow within our company.
Located in San Diego, CA, the Douglas Young Wellness and Recovery Center is an adult outpatient program which provides a variety of intervention services to individuals in crisis. We serve individuals with serious mental illness and co-occurring substance abuse disorders. This program is located in the Mira Mesa area of San Diego County.
Our services include initial psychosocial assessments, psychiatric and medication evaluations, ongoing medication support services, limited individual and group counseling, supported housing, care coordination, case management, and linking clients with additional community-based supports..
Typical Duties for the Lead Clinician - (Older Adult Population):
This position provides psychosocial rehabilitation interventions and services to the older adult population.
- Conducts evaluations, screenings, assessments, crisis interventions, and case management
- Conducts initial phone screens and triages for new clients as needed
- Provides care coordination and assists with accessing entitlement programs and resources as needed
- Participates in the clinical delivery of the team’s psychosocial rehabilitation services, including developing individual service plans and coordinating community resources to maximize optimal health outcomes
- Available for consultations and serve as a responder in crisis interventions
- May be required to go into the field to provide services when needed
- Master’s degree in a mental health related field such as Psychology, Social Work, or Counseling
- Registered or licensed-eligible with the Board of Behavioral Sciences (BBS)
- Strong clinical skills and one year of previous experience working with adults with severe emotional disturbance and co-occurring disorders in an outpatient or walk-in model is strongly preferred
- Knowledge and experience in County Health and Human Services documentation requirements strongly preferred
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, collaborative work environment, and have a can-do attitude
- Proficient computer skills, including MS Office
- Reliable transportation is required to fulfill the essential functions of this position. A valid California driver’s license in good standing and proof of insurance are required for employees driving personal vehicles on company business.
- Able to pass criminal/background clearance
Benefits: CRF provides benefits to help you balance your work life and your personal life. For full-time staff (30 hours or more), we offer...
- 19 days of PTO per year
- 11 paid holidays per year
- “Platinum +” medical plans, with minimal employee cost/expenses for you and excellent coverage
- Several dental plan options
- Vision benefits
- Company-paid life insurance and Long-Term Disability
- Tax-Free Flexible Spending for medical/dental/childcare expenses
- Generous retirement plan contributions
- Employee Assistance Plan for you and your family
- Employee discount program, including pet insurance plans
- Paid training and supervision hours are available
- Opportunities for advancement and growth
- We also provide access to student loan repayment/forgiveness programs for graduates.
All new hires are required to show proof of completed vaccination and booster shot before their first date of work, unless legally exempted.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer
Internal Job Title: Lead Clinician