Back to Category List
Nurse - LVN (5270) (Regular Full-Time, Hourly)
Program/Location: Maria Sardinas (San Ysidro)
Nurse - LVN – Mental Health Services for Adult Outpatient Program
Hours: 40 hours per week; Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday, 9:00 am - 5:00 pm; Wednesday, 12:00 pm to 8:00 pm
Community Research Foundation (CRF) inspires and mentors the next generation of mental health professionals!
We are constantly evolving and developing fresh approaches to meet the needs of San Diego County’s residents who are experiencing mental/behavioral health challenges. You will work within a collaborative, supportive team structure so that you can have fresh perspective and training. Best of all, you will be involved in helping people change their lives for the better!
Located in south San Diego, the Maria Sardinas Wellness & Recovery Center provides a variety of intervention services to individuals in crisis. We serve individuals with serious mental illness and co-occurring substance abuse disorders. Our services include initial psychosocial assessments, psychiatric and medication evaluations, ongoing medication support services, limited individual and group counseling, supported housing, care coordination, case management, and linking clients with additional community-based supports.
Typical Duties of the Nurse - LVN
- Assist multidisciplinary team with crisis intervention, psychiatric medical assessments, case management, and medication support services
- Monitors clients’ response to medications and reports any concerns to medical staff
- Ensures that clients and family members are educated and informed about their medications and illness management
- Monitors health care needs of the clients and obtains assistance from other health care providers as necessary
- Ensures all medications are managed and stored appropriately as defined by local and state regulations
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Current California nursing license (LVN) required and must be maintained throughout employment
- CPR/First Aid certification required and must be maintained throughout employment
- Minimum of one year of experience working with a mental health population, especially with individuals with severe and persistent mental illness and co-occurring disorders is strongly preferred
- Able to assist mentally and physically in emergency situations
- Proficient computer skills, including MS Office
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment is essential
- Ability to pass criminal/background clearance
Your well-being matters at CRF! Regular full-time eligible employees have access to great benefits:
- Up to 3 ½ weeks of paid time off per year
- 11 Paid Holidays per year
- Exceptional medical, dental, vision, and other health and wellness benefits
- Opportunities for advancement
- Retirement plan with generous employer contributions
- Graduates: You may qualify for our student loan/repayment/forgiveness programs!
All new hires are required to show proof of completed vaccination before their first date of work, unless legally exempted.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer