Back to Category List
Substance Abuse Specialist, Bilingual (5267) (Regular Full-Time, Hourly)
Program/Location: Nueva Vista (Chula Vista)
Substance Abuse Specialist (Bilingual Spanish) – Mental Health Services for Children, Youth and Family Program
Hours: 40 hours per week, Monday - Friday with some evenings required.
Pay Rate: $24.00 to $29.00 per hour
Community Research Foundation (CRF) inspires and mentors the next generation of mental health professionals!
We are constantly evolving and developing fresh approaches to meet the needs of San Diego County’s residents who are experiencing mental/behavioral health challenges. You will work within a collaborative, supportive team structure so that you can have fresh perspective and training. Best of all, you will be involved in helping people change their lives for the better!
Located in Chula Vista, CA, Nueva Vista Family Services is a children/youth outpatient program which provides services to the South Bay region of San Diego County. We provide a range of services including crisis intervention, individual, family, and group therapy, medication support, rehabilitation, case management and drug and alcohol services while incorporating the family systems and wrap-around approach. We provide mental health services to children and youth with Medi-Cal and Healthy Families Funding as well as those who are uninsured and underinsured.
Typical Duties of the Substance Abuse Specialist
The Substance Abuse Specialist assists clients and families in using medical care, education, and family resources. Services are provided in English and several threshold languages.
- Provides crisis intervention, case management and rehab services and provides and/or coordinates substance abuse assessment, treatment planning, and service delivery tailored to the individual needs of the clients served
- Provides interventions to clients and/or members of clients’ families in a timely and professional manner in mental health rehabilitation, case management, groups and family modalities
- Conducts collateral interviews as indicated with all identified partners, i.e., school, social services, probation and other treatment providers
- Develops and maintains client service plans that address the needs of each individual served
- Provides cross-training for the rest of the team to deal effectively with substance abuse issues and optimize collaboration and support
- Bachelor’s degree or higher required
- CADAC certification strongly preferred
- At least 2 years of experience with working with individuals who have a severe and persistent mental illness, as well as co-occurring disorders
- Two years’ experience training in substance abuse and/or addictions and previous experience providing substance abuse services within a mental health rehabilitation program
- Proficient computer skills, including MS Office
- Bilingual Spanish (read, write, speak) required
- A valid California driver’s license in good standing, proof of insurance, and personal vehicle are required to fulfill the essential functions of this position.
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced and collaborative environment
- Able to pass criminal/background clearance
Benefits: CRF takes your dedication seriously and provides benefits to help you balance your work life and your personal life. These benefits include:
- Generous paid time off
- 11 paid holidays
- Exceptional medical, dental, vision and other health and wellness benefits
- Free training and education
- Opportunities for advancement
- Retirement plan with generous employer contributions
- Graduates: You may qualify for student loan repayment/forgiveness programs!
All new hires are required to show proof of completed vaccination before their first date of work, unless legally exempted.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer