Back to Category List
Nurse Coordinator - RN (5266) (Full-time, Salaried)
Program/Location: New Vistas (Downtown SD)
COMMUNITY RESEARCH FOUNDATION (CRF)
Bring your nursing skills and dedication to helping others to make a difference in the lives of the people we serve!
CRF Behavioral Health Nurses are client-centered, compassionate, dedicated team members who make a difference in the lives of the people they serve. They embrace the opportunity to work side-by-side with their clients, helping to make lasting changes that will improve quality of life, health, and wellness. Our START nurses are committed to providing excellence in psychiatric nursing care.
Program: New Vistas Crisis Center (Downtown San Diego)
Hours: Full-time, salaried position. Work schedule is Monday - Thursday, 8:00 am to 6:00 pm; must be available for on-call coverage and consultation.
Annual Salary: $90,000
As a Nurse Coordinator, you will coordinate and supervise the behavioral health nursing care of the program, including supervision of all nursing staff and management of infection control activities.
- Assists multidisciplinary team with nursing assessment for incoming clients
- Ensures that clients and family members are educated and informed about their medications and illness management
- Oversees health care needs of the clients and acts as a liaison between clients and doctors
- Ensures all medications are managed and stored appropriately as defined by local and state regulations
- Current California Registered Nurse (RN) license required and must be kept current and in good standing during employment
- Minimum of one year of experience working with a mental health population, especially with individuals with severe and persistent mental illness and co-occurring disorders is strongly preferred
- First Aid/CPR certification required and must be kept current during employment
- Ability to pass criminal/background clearance
- Ability to physically and mentally assist in emergency situations is required
- Proficient computer skills, including MS Office
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment is essential
Your well-being matters at CRF! Regular full-time eligible employees have access to great benefits:
- Up to 3 ½ weeks of paid time off per year
- Exceptional medical, dental, vision, and other health and wellness benefits
- Opportunities for advancement
- Retirement plan with generous employer contributions
- Graduates: You may qualify for our student loan/repayment/forgiveness programs!
Short-Term Acute Residential Treatment (START) Program
Our Crisis Centers provide intensive, community-based residential services for adults throughout San Diego County, 24 hours/7 days a week. We deliver a unique alternative to psychiatric hospitalization to clients who are experiencing a significant psychiatric crisis that is not manageable in an outpatient basis. We provide services in a home-like environment that specializes in the bio-psychosocial rehabilitation of each individual.
Our multi-disciplinary team addresses each aspect of a client’s unique situation, including mental health, co-occurring substance abuse, housing, medical/medication needs, and establishing connections to social service supports within the community to facilitate successful transition beyond the START program.
All new hires are required to show proof of completed vaccination before their first date of work, unless legally exempted.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer