Back to Category List
Geriatric Specialist (5256) (Regular Full-Time, Hourly)
Program/Location: Heartland (El Cajon)
Geriatric Specialist – Adult Outpatient Program
Hours: 40 hours per week; Monday - Friday, 9:00 am - 5:00 pm
Pay Rate: $36.00 to $38.00 per hour
Community Research Foundation (CRF) inspires and mentors the next generation of mental health professionals!
We are constantly evolving and developing fresh approaches to meet the needs of San Diego County’s residents who are experiencing mental/behavioral health challenges. You will work within a collaborative, supportive team structure so that you can have fresh perspective and training. Need clinical supervision? We can help you get your hours.
Best of all, you will be involved in helping people change their lives for the better! We have strong internal advancement options, so there are opportunities for you to grow within our company.
Located in El Cajon, CA, Heartland Wellness and Recovery Center is an adult outpatient program that provides a variety of intervention services to individuals in crisis. We serve individuals with serious mental illness and co-occurring substance abuse disorders.
Our services include initial psychosocial assessments, psychiatric and medication evaluations, ongoing medication support services, limited individual and group counseling, supported housing, care coordination, case management, and linking clients with additional community-based supports.
Typical Duties of the Geriatric Specialist
The Geriatric Specialist provides home visits and off-site screenings, assessments, short-term counseling, crisis intervention, case management, and outreach activities within a psychosocial rehabilitation treatment model to Older Adult consumers (ages 60 years and over).
- Assists clients in accessing and using medical care, community resources, family and other support systems to achieve an optimal level of health and functioning in the community.
- Provides linkage, and consultation to other service providers for the older adult population, including community outreach and education.
- Conducting initial assessments and linking clients to other community based services for ongoing care.
Qualifications / Skills Required
- Current and valid California license as a LCSW, LMFT, Licensed Psychologist, or RN; license must be kept current throughout employment
- Experience working with Older Adults who have serious and persistent mental illness
- Experience providing in-home services
- Experience working with a walk-in model based program.
- Proficient computer skills, including MS Office
- A valid California driver’s license in good standing, proof of insurance, and personal vehicle are required to fulfill the essential functions of this position.
- Able to pass criminal/background clearance
Your well-being matters at CRF! Regular full-time eligible employees have access to great benefits:
- Up to 3 ½ weeks of paid time off per year
- 11 Paid Holidays per year
- Exceptional medical, dental, vision, and other health and wellness benefits
- Opportunities for advancement
- Retirement plan with generous employer contributions
- Graduates: You may qualify for our student loan/repayment/forgiveness programs!
All new hires are required to show proof of completed vaccination before their first date of work, unless legally exempted.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer