Back to Category List
Substance Abuse Specialist (5212) (Regular Full-Time, Hourly)
Program/Location: IMPACT (Linda Vista)
Substance Abuse Specialist – Mental Health Services Assertive Community Treatment Program
Hours: 40 hours per week; Monday - Friday, 8:30 am - 4:30 pm with occasional evening and weekend shifts, with crisis pager rotation.
Community Research Foundation (CRF) inspires and mentors the next generation of mental health professionals!
We are constantly evolving and developing fresh approaches to meet the needs of San Diego County’s residents who are experiencing mental/behavioral health challenges. You will work within a collaborative, supportive team structure so that you can have fresh perspective and training.Need clinical supervision? We can help you get your hours.
Best of all, you will be involved in helping people change their lives for the better! We have strong internal advancement options, so there are opportunities for you to grow within our company.
Located in San Diego, CA (Linda Vista/Bay Park), the Intensive Mobile Psychosocial Assertive Community Treatment (IMPACT) program provides intensive, community-based case management services for homeless adults throughout San Diego County. We deliver fully-integrated services to clients diagnosed with a serious mental illness, as well as individuals with co-occurring, mental health, and substance disorders.
Our program utilizes the evidence-based practice of Assertive Community Treatment (ACT) to support our clients in the higher level of community care and to assist them in reaching their goals and living a life that is not dominated by mental illness. Our team is a model of care, providing treatment, rehabilitation, and case management supports.
Typical Duties of the Substance Abuse Specialist
The Substance Abuse Specialist provides rehabilitation supports, training, and resources to clients in the IMPACT program.
- Provides crisis intervention, case management and rehab services and provides and/or coordinates substance abuse assessment, treatment planning, and service delivery tailored to the individual needs of the clients served
- Provides individual and group substance abuse counseling
- Assists in developing and designing curriculum and facilitates co-occurring disorders groups
- Facilitates substance abuse groups and networks with community substance treatment providers
- Develops and maintains client service plans that address the needs of each individual served in collaboration with the multidisciplinary team
- Provides cross-training for the rest of the team to deal effectively with substance abuse issues and optimize collaboration and support
- Services are provided in the clients’ homes as well as in community-based sites
- Bachelor’s degree or higher required with at least 2 years of experience with working with individuals who have a severe and persistent mental illness, as well as co-occurring disorders
- CADAC certification strongly preferred
- Candidates who are licensed-eligible with the California Board of Behavioral Sciences are encouraged to apply
- Two years’ experience training in substance abuse and/or addictions and previous experience providing substance abuse services within a mental health rehabilitation program
- Fluent bilingual Spanish – read, write, speak – preferred
- Proficient computer skills, including MS Office
- A valid California driver’s license in good standing and eligibility to be an approved CRF driver is required to fulfill the essential functions of this position. In addition, proof of insurance is required prior to driving personal vehicles on company business.
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced and collaborative environment
- Able to pass criminal/background clearance
Your well-being matters at CRF! Full-time eligible employees have access to great benefits:
- Up to 3 ½ weeks of paid time off per year
- 11 Paid Holidays per year
- Exceptional medical, dental, vision, and other health and wellness benefits
- Opportunities for advancement
- Retirement plan with generous employer contributions
- Graduates: You may qualify for our student loan/repayment/forgiveness programs!
All new hires are required to show proof of completed vaccination before their first date of work, unless legally exempted.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer