Back to Category List
Assessment / Discharge Specialist, Bilingual (5179) (Regular Full-Time, Hourly)
Program/Location: Maria Sardinas (San Ysidro)
Assessment and Discharge Specialist (Bilingual Spanish) – Mental Health Services for Adult Outpatient Program
Hours: 40 hours per week; Monday, 12:00 pm to 8:00 pm and Tuesday - Friday, 9:00 am to 5:00 pm
Community Research Foundation (CRF) inspires and mentors the next generation of mental health professionals!
We are constantly evolving and developing fresh approaches to meet the needs of San Diego County’s residents who are experiencing mental/behavioral health challenges. You will work within a collaborative, supportive team structure so that you can have fresh perspective and training.Need clinical supervision? We can help you get your hours.
Best of all, you will be involved in helping people change their lives for the better! We have strong internal advancement options, so there are opportunities for you to grow within our company.
Located in the south region of San Diego County, Maria Sardinas Wellness and Recovery Center is an adult outpatient program which provides a variety of intervention services to individuals in crisis. We serve individuals with serious mental illness and co-occurring substance abuse disorders.
Our services include initial psychosocial assessments, psychiatric and medication evaluations, ongoing medication support services, limited individual and group counseling, supported housing, care coordination, case management, and linking clients with additional community-based supports.
Typical Duties of the Assessment and Discharge Specialist
- Provides screening, clinical assessments, case management and outreach for outpatient program clients diagnosed with severe mental illness and may be dually diagnosed with a substance abuse disorder
- Conducts collateral interviews, develops individual service plans and participates in interdisciplinary treatment planning
- Provides crisis intervention as appropriate
- Conduct individual and group counseling sessions
- Coordinates with the multidisciplinary team regarding discharge planning in progress
- Collaborates with nursing staff to arrange continuing care medication maintenance
- Assists clients with obtaining treatment benefits and other community-based supports to facilitate recovery and improvement
- Master's degree in a mental health-related field such as Social Work, Psychology, Counseling
- Licensed, license-eligible or registered with the California Board of Behavioral Sciences
- Minimum of 2 years of experience working with individuals who have a severe and persistent mental illness, as well as co-occurring disorders required
- Those with experience in a walk-in outpatient-based mental health program encouraged to apply
- Proficient computer skills, including MS Office
- Fluent bilingual Spanish – read, write, speak is required
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced and collaborative environment
- Able to pass criminal/background clearance
Your well-being matters at CRF! Regular full-time eligible employees have access to great benefits:
- Up to 3 ½ weeks of paid time off per year
- 11 Paid Holidays per year
- Exceptional medical, dental, vision, and other health and wellness benefits
- Opportunities for advancement
- Retirement plan with generous employer contributions
- Graduates: You may qualify for our student loan/repayment/forgiveness programs!
All new hires are required to show proof of completed vaccination before their first date of work, unless legally exempted.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer