Back to Category List
Peer Specialist - Mobile Outreach (5171) (Regular Full-Time, Hourly)
Program/Location: Areta Crowell (Bankers Hill)
Peer Specialist, Mobile Outreach - Mental Health Services for Adult Outpatient Program
Hours: 40 hours per week, Monday - Friday
Community Research Foundation (CRF) inspires and mentors the next generation of mental health professionals!
We are constantly evolving and developing fresh approaches to meet the needs of San Diego County’s residents who are experiencing mental/behavioral health challenges. You will work within a collaborative, supportive team structure so that you can have fresh perspective and training. Best of all, you will be involved in helping people change their lives for the better!
Located in San Diego, CA (Bankers Hill), the Areta Crowell Wellness and Recovery Center is an adult outpatient program which provides a variety of intervention services to individuals in crisis. We serve individuals with serious mental illness and co-occurring substance abuse disorders.
Our services include initial psychosocial assessments, psychiatric and medication evaluations, ongoing medication support services, limited individual and group counseling, supported housing, care coordination, case management, and linking clients with additional community-based supports.
Typical Duties of the Peer Specialist, Mobile Outreach
- Is an integral part of the Mobile Outreach Team. Offers engagement and support to new or returning clients through outreach and accompanies Mobile Outreach Clinician to inpatient settings to provide a “warm hand-off” from inpatient to outpatient.
- Provides referrals and case management services as needed.
- Offer personal, practical experience, knowledge, and insight for the benefit of clients.
- Models appropriate social skills, limit-setting and boundaries. Reports unusual or inappropriate interactions to supervisor.
- Promotes the idea and concept of recovery and serves as a role model for recovery with clients based on personal experience with mental illness or with a family member.
- Provide expertise about recovery process, symptom management, and ability to sustain a higher quality of life.
- High School diploma/GED required; some college strongly preferred
- At least one year of work experience
- Experience as a person who has received mental health services or has a close family member that has received mental health services is required
- Peer Employment Training preferred, required after hire
- Previous experience working in mental health services is an advantage
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment is essential
- Proficient computer skills, including MS Office
- A valid California driver’s license in good standing and eligibility to be an approved CRF driver is required to fulfill the essential functions of this position. In addition, proof of insurance is required prior to driving personal vehicles on company business.
- Ability to pass criminal/background clearance
Your well-being matters at CRF! Regular full-time eligible employees have access to great benefits:
- Up to 3 ½ weeks of paid time off per year
- 11 Paid Holidays per year
- Exceptional medical, dental, vision, and other health and wellness benefits
- Opportunities for advancement
- Retirement plan with generous employer contributions
- Graduates: You may qualify for our student loan/repayment/forgiveness programs!
All new hires are required to show proof of completed vaccination before their first date of work, unless legally exempted.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer
Internal Job Title: Peer Specialist