Back to Category List
Peer Specialist (5168) (Please Select)
Program/Location: Areta Crowell (Bankers Hill)
Peer Specialist - Mental Health Services for Adult Outpatient Program
Hours: 40 hours per week, Monday - Friday
Community Research Foundation (CRF) inspires and mentors the next generation of mental health professionals!
We are constantly evolving and developing fresh approaches to meet the needs of San Diego County’s residents who are experiencing mental/behavioral health challenges. You will work within a collaborative, supportive team structure so that you can have fresh perspective and training. Best of all, you will be involved in helping people change their lives for the better!
Located in San Diego, CA (Bankers Hill), the Areta Crowell Wellness and Recovery Center is an adult outpatient program which provides a variety of intervention services to individuals in crisis. We serve individuals with serious mental illness and co-occurring substance abuse disorders.
Our services include initial psychosocial assessments, psychiatric and medication evaluations, ongoing medication support services, limited individual and group counseling, supported housing, care coordination, case management, and linking clients with additional community-based supports.
Typical Duties of the Peer Specialist
- Works with Transitional Aged Youth (TAY) clients between the ages of 18 and 24.
- Acts as an ambassador to the program, providing welcoming, orientation, and engagement to prospective clients
- Participates in multidisciplinary treatment meetings by offering practical insight into recovery and illness management
- Helps clients reach recovery-based goals and provides support and encouragement as a role model
- Promotes greater understanding of clients’ points of view and perspectives
Required Skills and Qualifications
- High School diploma/GED required
- Experience as a person who has received mental health services or has a close family member that has received mental health services is required
- Previous experience in a related field is preferred
- Peer Employment Training preferred; required after hire
- Proficient computer skills, including MS Office
- Ability to pass criminal/background clearance
Your well-being matters at CRF! Regular full-time eligible employees have access to great benefits:
- Up to 3 ½ weeks of paid time off per year
- 11 Paid Holidays per year
- Exceptional medical, dental, vision, and other health and wellness benefits
- Opportunities for advancement
- Retirement plan with generous employer contributions
- Graduates: You may qualify for our student loan/repayment/forgiveness programs!
All new hires are required to show proof of completed vaccination before their first date of work, unless legally exempted.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer