Back to Category List
Mental Health Counselor (5173) (Regular Full-Time, Hourly)
Program/Location: Areta Crowell (Bankers Hill)
Mental Health Counselor - Mental Health Services for Adult Outpatient Program
Hours: 40 hours per week, Monday - Friday
Community Research Foundation (CRF) inspires and mentors the next generation of mental health professionals!
We are constantly evolving and developing fresh approaches to meet the needs of San Diego County’s residents who are experiencing mental/behavioral health challenges. You will work within a collaborative, supportive team structure so that you can have fresh perspective and training. Need clinical supervision? We can help you get your hours.
Best of all, you will be involved in helping people change their lives for the better! We have strong internal advancement options, so there are opportunities for you to grow within our company.
Located in the Bankers Hill area in San Diego, CA, the Areta Crowell Wellness & Recovery Center is an adult outpatient program that provides a variety of intervention services to individuals in crisis. We serve individuals with serious mental illness and co-occurring substance abuse disorders.
Our services include initial psychosocial assessments, psychiatric and medication evaluations, ongoing medication support services, limited individual and group counseling, supported housing, care coordination, case management, and linking clients with additional community-based supports.
Typical Duties of the Mental Health Counselor
- Works closely with various providers in the region or system to facilitate access to program services for those identified as the target population to be served.
- Conducts initial and annual behavioral health assessment of new clients and/or returning clients.
- Provides individual and group psychosocial behavioral health services and activities for clients and/or members of clients' families. The activities and interventions use psychosocial rehabilitation (PSR) and recovery principles, as well as evidence-based practices that focus on goals specified in the client plan and includes case management, collateral contacts, and crisis intervention.
- Assists the client in developing client service plan goals, prioritizing areas of need, and steps needed to reach goals established, as well as identified areas of strength Continually monitors progress towards goals and supports client’s efforts toward self-sufficiency.
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Master's degree in a mental health-related field such as Social Work, Psychology, Counseling
- Licensed, licensed-eligible or registered in CA with the BBS
- Two years of experience working with a transitional age youth mental health population, especially with individuals with severe and persistent mental illness and co-occurring disorders is strongly preferred
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment is essential
- Proficient computer skills, including MS Office
- Ability to pass criminal/background clearance
Your well-being matters at CRF! Regular full-time eligible employees have access to great benefits:
- Up to 3 ½ weeks of paid time off per year
- 11 paid Holidays per year
- Exceptional medical, dental, vision, and other health and wellness benefits
- Opportunities for advancement
- Retirement plan with generous employer contributions
- Graduates: You may qualify for our student loan/repayment/forgiveness programs!
All new hires are required to show proof of completed vaccination before their first date of work, unless legally exempted.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer
Internal Job Title: PSR Specialist