Back to Category List
Entitlement Specialist (5160) (Temporary, Full-Time, Hourly)
Program/Location: Adelante (Chula Vista)
Entitlement Specialist – Mental Health Services for Assertive Community Treatment Program
Hours: 32 to 40 hours per week, Monday - Friday. The duration of this temporary position is 6 months with benefits.
Community Research Foundation (CRF) inspires and mentors the next generation of mental health professionals!
We are constantly evolving and developing fresh approaches to meet the needs of San Diego County’s residents who are experiencing mental/behavioral health challenges. You will work within a collaborative, supportive team structure so that you can have fresh perspective and training. Best of all, you will be involved in helping people change their lives for the better!
Located in Chula Vista, CA, Adelante provides intensive, community-based case management services and housing for homeless adults throughout Southern San Diego County. We deliver fully-integrated services to clients who are homeless, diagnosed with a serious mental illness, as well as to individuals with co-occurring substance use and mental health disorders.
Our program utilizes the evidence-based practices of Assertive Community Treatment (ACT) Strength-Based Case management, and the Housing First model to support our clients in the higher level of community care and to assist them in reaching their goals: living a life that is not dominated by mental illness, homelessness, or substance use. Our teams are a model of care, providing treatment, rehabilitation, housing, and case management supports.
Typical Duties of the Entitlement Specialist
- Assist ACT clients with obtaining necessary documentation and filling out forms.
- Assist ACT clients with applying for and retaining all types of benefits including but not limited to; SSI, SSDI, State Disability Insurance, GR, Medi-Cal, VA benefits, HOPE applications and/or Medicare.
- Clearly communicate the application process and answer questions and concerns related to benefits.
- Develop relationships with key staff at local benefit agencies to facilitate the application process.
- The ES will act as the liaison between the ACT program and agencies providing entitlement benefits.
- Educate staff about how to assist clients with benefit issues.
- Provide periodic staff trainings regarding updated information about benefits policies and procedures.
- Submit client applications to appropriate agencies in a timely manner and maintain a follow-up system to track applications.
- Identify staff at benefit agencies that can address the ACT client's various language needs.
- Maintain a forms and application resource library for clients and staff.
- Transport clients in personal and/or agency vehicles.
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Minimum requirement is an Associate's degree. Bachelor's degree is strongly preferred.
- Strongly preferred - Previous working with the mental health population.
- Demonstrated attention to detail.
- Consistent application of people-centric/customer service skills.
- Proficient computer skills, including MS Office
- A valid California driver’s license in good standing and eligibility to be an approved CRF driver is required to fulfill the essential functions of this position. In addition, proof of insurance is required prior to driving personal vehicles on company business.
- Ability to pass criminal/background clearance
All new hires are required to show proof of completed vaccination before their first date of work, unless legally exempted.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer