Back to Category List
Mental Health Counselor (5153) (Regular Full-Time, Hourly)
Program/Location: Douglas Young Clinic (Mira Mesa)
Mental Health Counselor - Mental Health Services for Adult Outpatient Program
Hours: 40 hours per week. Clinic hours are Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Friday 9:00 am - 5:00 pm; Thursday 12:00 pm - 8:00 pm.
Pay Rate: $25.96 to $28.85 per hour
Community Research Foundation (CRF) inspires and mentors the next generation of mental health professionals!
We are constantly evolving and developing fresh approaches to meet the needs of San Diego County’s residents who are experiencing mental/behavioral health challenges. You will work within a collaborative, supportive team structure so that you can have fresh perspective and training.Need clinical supervision? We can help you get your hours.
Best of all, you will be involved in helping people change their lives for the better! We have strong internal advancement options, so there are opportunities for you to grow within our company.
Located in San Diego, CA, the Douglas Young Wellness and Recovery Center is an adult outpatient program which provides a variety of intervention services to individuals in crisis. We serve individuals with serious mental illness and co-occurring substance abuse disorders. This program is located in the Mira Mesa area of San Diego County.
Our services include initial psychosocial assessments, psychiatric and medication evaluations, ongoing medication support services, limited individual and group counseling, supported housing, care coordination, case management, and linking clients with additional community-based supports.
Typical Duties of the Mental Health Counselor
- Works closely with various providers in the region or system to facilitate access to program services for those identified as the target population to be served.
- Primarily provides services with clients with active co-occurring disorders.
- Conducts initial behavioral health assessment of new clients and/or returning clients; performs collateral interviews as indicated.
- Provides individual and group psychosocial behavioral health services and activities for clients, including COD clients.
- Assists the client in developing client service plan goals, prioritizing areas of need, and steps needed to reach goals established, as well as identified areas of strength Continually monitors progress towards goals and supports client’s efforts toward self-sufficiency.
- Master’s degree (M.A. or M.S.) in a mental health related field
- At least two years of related experience and/or training
- Licensed or licensed-eligible in California; must be kept current throughout employment
- Training and experience with working with clients with co-occurring disorders. Motivational Interviewing training preferred.
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced and collaborative environment
- Proficient computer skills, including MS Office
- Able to pass criminal/background clearance
Your well-being matters at CRF! Regular full-time eligible employees have access to great benefits:
- Up to 3 ½ weeks of paid time off per year
- 11 Paid Holidays per year
- Exceptional medical, dental, vision, and other health and wellness benefits
- Opportunities for advancement
- Retirement plan with generous employer contributions
- Graduates: You may qualify for our student loan/repayment/forgiveness programs!
All new hires are required to show proof of completed vaccination before their first date of work, unless legally exempted.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer
Internal Job Title: PSR Specialist