Back to Category List
Outreach Clinician (5151) (Regular Full-Time, Hourly)
Program/Location: Douglas Young Clinic (Mira Mesa)
Outreach Clinician - Mental Health Services for Adult Outpatient Program
Hours: 40 hours per week. Clinic hours are Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Friday 9:00 am - 5:00 pm; Thursday 12:00 pm - 8:00 pm.
Pay Rate: $28.13 to $31.25 per hour
Community Research Foundation (CRF) inspires and mentors the next generation of mental health professionals!
We are constantly evolving and developing fresh approaches to meet the needs of San Diego County’s residents who are experiencing mental/behavioral health challenges. For you, that means that you will have opportunities to learn new ways to provide optimal supports to your clients.
You will work within a collaborative, supportive team structure so that you can have fresh perspective and training. Best of all, you will be involved in helping people change their lives for the better! We have strong internal advancement options, so there are opportunities for you to grow within our company.
Located in San Diego, CA, the Douglas Young Wellness and Recovery Center is an adult outpatient program which provides a variety of intervention services to individuals in crisis. We serve individuals with serious mental illness and co-occurring substance abuse disorders. This program is located in the Mira Mesa area of San Diego County.
Our services include initial psychosocial assessments, psychiatric and medication evaluations, ongoing medication support services, limited individual and group counseling, supported housing, care coordination, case management, and linking clients with additional community-based supports.
Typical Duties of the Outreach Clinician
- Conducts outreach at inpatient or START facilities to provide a “warm handoff” from inpatient to outpatient or appropriate level of services.
- Develops and maintains a notification system with identified hospitals and START program in order to provide efficient and effective outreach.
- Conducts initial screenings and/or behavioral health assessments of new and/or returning clients.
- Conducts risk assessments and provides crisis intervention as needed to ensure client safety.
- Refers outreach clients to the appropriate level of service, including intensive case management provided at the program.
- Performs outreach and follow-up with disengaged, high risk, or unconnected clients.
- Provides Case Management functions for outreach clients.
- Works with clients to develop strengths-based service plan goals and objectives..
- Available for emergency outreach.
- Master’s degree (M.A. or M.S.) in a mental health related field and two years of work experience with adults with serious mental illness.
- Licensed or license-eligible in California; must be kept current throughout employment
- Minimum of one year of management experience
- Proficiency in MS Office applications, specifically Word and Excel required
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced and collaborative environment
- A valid California driver’s license in good standing, proof of insurance, and personal vehicle are required to fulfill the essential functions of this position.
- Able to pass criminal/background clearance
Your well-being matters at CRF! Regular full-time eligible employees have access to great benefits:
- Up to 3 ½ weeks of paid time off per year
- 11 Paid Holidays per year
- Exceptional medical, dental, vision, and other health and wellness benefits
- Opportunities for advancement
- Retirement plan with generous employer contributions
- Graduates: You may qualify for our student loan/repayment/forgiveness programs!
All new hires are required to show proof of completed vaccination before their first date of work, unless legally exempted.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer